Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **DONOTDELETE**

What would you do?

Last Friday night I arrived home late in the evening to find my wife and a few of her friends in the basement having a grand old time. They had obviously been partaking of some alcoholic beverages and were a fun group to visit with. I was starting to have a good time and getting into the party mood when my world crashed down before my eyes. There on the bar was a bottle of 20 yr Hirsch empty with empty coke cans scattered around it! The room started to spin and I am sure my face lost all of it's color. I made some excuse to leave and stumbled upstairs so I would not make a scene (after grabbing a bottle of Kentucky Spirit from the cabinet) and nursed my anger with a little touch medicinal nectar. Now my question: what would you have done? I am eager to hear your reactions.

Laughin' and Scratchin'

bac

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What would you do?

Well Den you had the good sense to aviod actions incuring the death penality. This would be grounds for divorce in the family & domestic courts of Bourbonia.
    How many friends did she have? Were the all women? Were they waring any pants?
    Could this have been a simple Saint Valentine's Day Massacre of a fine bottle of bourbon? Were they waring any pants? Did you get any viedio? What's your address? Were they waring any pants?

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Novice

Hey Linn,
    Even if they were all nekid as jaybirds, it wouldn't have been worth the price.
    I suggest a big lock for your special stash, a nearly starved pitbull chained to the
    locked cabinet, then get a deevorse and party on!!!

**DONOTDELETE**

If they were not wearing pants I would not have noticed the empty bottle. At least not until the next morning. There were 5 of them and all of them were fully clothed. The lock on the cabinet is a must and the pit bull is an option that I will consider. (But to feed a pit bull would cut into my Bourbon purchasing power.) There are a lot of things to consider here.....I need a drink! How 'bout some hirsch............now I'm mad again.

**DONOTDELETE**

You're makin' this up, right? You've joined a Stephen King wannabee club and you wanted to try out your contribution on us, is that it? Remember your wife's mother's birthday?? Welllll, maybe you should have :-))
    Does she have a good sense of humor? I sure wouldn't put it past Linda to set something up like that just to see my reaction.

=John=
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

**DONOTDELETE**

Well... Even though I joke about it you won't find me hitting the Henry Clay or the Pappy 20 with diet sprite! I value my life a little too much for that!

I think that you just need to stress what is an appropriate bourbon for a mixer!!! I applaud your self restraint.

I do now enjoy Bourbon straight but when mixing I use Evan Williams 7yr old 90 proof. When I am out of Evan Williams John gets a kick out of me saying Im out of bourbon. I just need to go downstairs and there are many bottles to choose from!

~Linda~

**DONOTDELETE**

It is your own fault for letting someone who mixes bourbon with COKE, for god's sake, even near a bottle of Hirsch. Next time hide the good stuff and put a cheap bottle of bourbon or some of the Canadian you have been trying to get rid of out where your wife can find it.
    Mike Veach

Enthusiast

>There on the bar was a bottle of 20 yr Hirsch empty with empty coke cans
    >scattered around it!

I say give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they drank it with just
    a splash of water, and drank the cokes on the side. See now, makes you feel
    better already. Just don't ask any questions. It's better that way.

Enthusiast

Hell man you showed a lot of self control and you sure picked a good Bourbon to mull this over. I know you mad becasue she drank the Hirsch,. but is that the root of your anger. My Beloved Hirsch is gone or are you mad because she may have drank it with Diet Coke. Creggor.

**DONOTDELETE**

Said Mike, "It is your own fault for letting someone who mixes bourbon with COKE, for god's sake, even near a bottle of Hirsch. "

I agree completely with Mike. Anyone with even a modicum of taste and culture knows that only Pepsi-Cola &reg has the delicate nuances of flavor and aroma to properly compliment the powerful taste of such fine bourbons as Hirsch or Jack Daniel's. You're wife's friends (who probably forced her into it) are barbarians.

=John=