Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Tomatin 18

Connoisseur

Tomatin 18

What do y'all think of Tomatin 18. That has become may favorite sherried Single Malt. It's a fruit bonanza, with a strong hint of pineapple. Sounds weird but it's very good. The 12 year is also a good bargain.

Advanced Taster

Re: Tomatin 18

I quite liked the Tomatin 18, though I wouldn't call it my favorite sherried malt. There are simply too many other excellent sherried malt whiskies in the running. In any case, here are my tasting notes from the Tomatin 18, posted elsewhere.
    "Good" may be subjective, but that doesn't mean it's arbitrary.

Connoisseur

..well there was a 1968 Longmorn that I got as a Christmas present that I liked better, but that cost $180. Maybe I should have said favorite under $100. I like the Tomatin better than Glenfarclas (15 and 105), Glendronach 12 and 15, and Aberlour 18 and Abunadh.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dbk View Post
    I quite liked the Tomatin 18, though I wouldn't call it my favorite sherried malt. There are simply too many other excellent sherried malt whiskies in the running. In any case, here are my tasting notes from the Tomatin 18, posted elsewhere.
    Nice tasting notes.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by weller_tex View Post
    ..well there was a 1968 Longmorn that I got as a Christmas present that I liked better, but that cost $180. Maybe I should have said favorite under $100. I like the Tomatin better than Glenfarclas (15 and 105), Glendronach 12 and 15, and Aberlour 18 and Abunadh.
    Fair enough, but even not counting extremely old or expensive releases, I've personally enjoyed the Aberlour A'bunadh, Dailuaine 16 year-old Flora & Fauna, and the Arran 15th Anniversary as much or more (which only says how great all of these bottles are, because I was really quite impressed with the Tomatin 18).

Quote Originally Posted by weller_tex View Post
    Nice tasting notes.
    Thanks!
    "Good" may be subjective, but that doesn't mean it's arbitrary.