Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112
  1. #11
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Commonwealth of KY
    Posts
    3,192

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Well hot dang! When is this coming out?

  2. #12
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    I on the edge about the current barrel proof but I am looking forward to the rye release.

  3. #13
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightNoChaser View Post
    I've been vocal about my distaste for BT bourbons, however I love anything rye that comes out of there.
    I would include their wheated bourbons as very good but the others I am with you on that and the rye whiskies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    I on the edge about the current barrel proof but I am looking forward to the rye release.
    I bailed after the first Col Taylor release but I too am looking forward to this rye whisky.
    ovh

  4. #14
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    More overpriced rye from BT. Pardon me for not celebrating.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

  5. #15
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dunwoody, GA
    Posts
    842

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Any idea when we can expect to see this on the shelves? I've enjoyed the EH Taylors thus far, maybe I'm the fool being parted from his money, but I've enjoyed seeing the new stuff every couple of months. Its hard to wait for the fall to get here.

  6. #16
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    MOLINE,IL
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Quote Originally Posted by petrel800 View Post
    Any idea when we can expect to see this on the shelves? I've enjoyed the EH Taylors thus far, maybe I'm the fool being parted from his money, but I've enjoyed seeing the new stuff every couple of months. Its hard to wait for the fall to get here.
    Went on the BT tour yesterday and actually saw this being loaded off the fork trucks, so it won't be long.

  7. #17
    Taster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    65

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    I'm guessing this will be a really good rye, but it will be disconcerting if it is in the $80-$90 range that the EH Taylor's have been in my area.

  8. #18
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    772

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    More overpriced rye from BT. Pardon me for not celebrating.
    I'm thinking watered down Thomas H. Handy under a different label? And at a similarly high price point. Hmmm.
    Last edited by HP12; 07-28-2012 at 11:57.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

  9. #19
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    I'm thinking watered down Thomas H. Handy under a different label? And at a similarly high price point. Hmmm.
    I know what you mean but I am hoping it isn't.
    Handy at barrel proof is good but at 6 1/2 years old it is young.
    This new Taylor rye is 100 proof but if it is at least 10 years old then I'll pay the price.
    ovh

  10. #20
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    772

    Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    I know what you mean but I am hoping it isn't.
    Handy at barrel proof is good but at 6 1/2 years old it is young.
    This new Taylor rye is 100 proof but if it is at least 10 years old then I'll pay the price.
    Ah, I was under the impression that THH was around the 10yo mark. In the BT family line of rye, I thought Baby Saz was around 6 (even after removing the age statement), THH was 10ish and Saz 18 was, well, Saz 18yo.

    So the next question is, is the EHT Rye from the same mashbill as the THH?
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What is EH Taylor?
    By sku in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 14:28
  2. Straight face drinking it straight
    By Drunkonjack in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 17:22
  3. Old Taylor - how old?
    By Gillman in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 05:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top