Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Col. E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    I think I would rather have this attribute most days than the wow factor, as there seem to be fewer bourbons with this as time go by. They are certainly out there, but availbility is always a issue.
    B
    Drinkable is good, but you can buy drinkable bourbon for $20-$30 if not less. So why pay $75? That's the main issue.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    Drinkable is good, but you can buy drinkable bourbon for $20-$30 if not less. So why pay $75? That's the main issue.

I don't feel that I should have to defend myself on my decision to drop this type of coin on a single bottle of my choice. Yes, there are many bottles on the market that fit the measure of drinkable bourbon, that's a given.

But I'm willing to pay for something that is limited, is different, is a rye-love ryes, and, because I can! Why should I have to defend myself for this?

The issue of money of something to be discussed when a store is gouging the market, but not a issue that should be tossed to another member for mentioning that they will be going out and getting a bottle, or multiple of something.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Disciple

I think it's okay if we discuss pricing, and our opinions on it, as it relates to ourselves. Personally, I think the entire CEHT line is a waste of cash, but others are welcome to disagree and buy all they wish.

Hell, I've dropped $200 on 25yr Hirsch Rye, and I'll do it again. Many people here would call that crazy. I'm cool with that.

The Voshole

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    I don't feel that I should have to defend myself on my decision to drop this type of coin on a single bottle of my choice.
    B
    The answer is.....you don't have to defend your decisions to anyone. You've found something you like, are willing to buy it and are able to buy it. If someone else doesn't agree with you, who the hell cares?

Cheers!
    Gary
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

Disciple

I've bought all the other CEHT iterations so I figured, what the hell.I am curious to see how the mash bill of rye and malted barley stacks up to the plethora of ryes I currently have open.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

My assessment of all ryes that contain no corn is that they are very flavorful but thin, whereas the more traditional 51% ryes have both flavor and body.

I picked up a couple of these in KY at Liquor World I'll get back to you when I crack one open.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Disciple

I read on the PLCB website today that this juice was distilled in 2003. At least now I have an idea of what age it is!

Thomas

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    I read on the PLCB website today that this juice was distilled in 2003. At least now I have an idea of what age it is!

Thomas
    Nice find if true, thanks.

Connoisseur

Got a free pour of this last week. Loved it. Rye spice aplenty, reminded me of the High West 16 bottle I have at home.

While I'm glad for the awesome barman, I would definitely pay good money for it, and I see a bottle purchase in my future. I paid $50 for a 375 of HW16, so I think I can make some room for trying a 750 of this at $70.