Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New from Middle Georgia

So I felt it was the time to introduce myself. Just getting into the bourbon game, and loving every sip. Looking forward to expanding my taste buds while learning a thing or two as well. I liked the tip on trying some rye and wheat bourbons beside one another.

So my question to you guys, is there some "master sticky thread" out there that has the acronyms defined . I catch a few here and there but damn some of these bottles I have never seen or heard of...help a noobie out .

Eric

Connoisseur

Re: New from Middle Georgia

Welcome, Eric. We can never have too may Georgia boys on the forum. Wherabouts are you located in Middle Georgia. There is, in fact, a sticky acronym thread right above your post called "Frequently Used Abbreviations and Acronyms." I still use it often.

Disciple

Welc. Abd.

Gd. 2c anoth. GA bourb. drikr.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have to think my way through a number of them as well.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    Welc. Abd.

Gd. 2c anoth. GA bourb. drikr.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have to think my way through a number of them as well.
    very nice welcome! welcome to SB. Lot of great ppl on here and great reading too. All to accommodate your hobby.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Welcome aboard, Eric! Glad to have you here. I look forward to hearing about your travels through Bourbonia. Maconish?
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Welcome Eric! We're getting a pretty good GA population on the site!
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Thanks for the warm welcomes I'll have to check the sticky out. I'm living in Warner robins for now, actually from peachtree city though.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by erb1987 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcomes I'll have to check the sticky out. I'm living in Warner robins for now, actually from peachtree city though.
    I'm guessing you know your way arond a golf cart, being from Peachtree City.

Apprentice

So I felt it was the time to introduce myself. Just getting into the bourbon game, and loving every sip. Looking forward to expanding my taste buds while learning a thing or two as well. I liked the tip on trying some rye and wheat bourbons beside one another. Eric

Hi Eric.
    I too am new to the bourbon game but am having a grand time experimenting! Iím a fellow Georgian too - down in Augusta Ö home of that golf tournament and the famous pimento cheese sandwich. This forum offers great tips and the posters know their stuff. As a newbie, I have found that taste tests are an excellent way to get to know the brands. Look forward to hearing your opinions.
    Cheers, Sheila (aka Top Shelf Chick)

Taster

So my question to you guys, is there some "master sticky thread" out there that has the acronyms defined . I catch a few here and there but damn some of these bottles I have never seen or heard of...help a noobie out .

Eric
    So I might have a stupid acronym question that I have been wondering about and I can't find it in the FAQ. What the heck is a "handle"? When I first saw it, I thought it was referring to a "hand picked barrel" but now it might just mean a large bottle (i.e. 1.75 litre) with a handle (even though they don't all have "handles").

So what is a "handle"?
    Slainte mhath

Ray in Atlanta