Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Connoisseur

Any good stores and or dining places for bourbon in Indianapolis?

I will be heading out to Indy next week for a trade show, and was wondering if anybody could steer me in the direction of some good stores and/or restaurants with a decent bourbon selection in Indianapolis.

Preferably somewhere not terribly far from the airport or the Lucas Oil Stadium/Indiana Convention center area (downtown?).

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    I will be heading out to Indy next week for a trade show, and was wondering if anybody could steer me in the direction of some good stores and/or restaurants with a decent bourbon selection in Indianapolis.

Preferably somewhere not terribly far from the airport or the Lucas Oil Stadium/Indiana Convention center area (downtown?).
    Will you be there all week? There is a small chance that I will be there Thursday for a customer visit.

Taster

Re: Any good stores and or dining places for bourbon in Indianapolis?

The flagship Crown Liquors store downtown has a very good selection. It is located at: 141 East Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204

There is also a Kahn's downtown that may have a good selection. I've never been there. The other two locations have excellent beer and wine selections, but the bourbon selection has been a let down. It is located at: 25 North Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN

For a restaurant with a good selection, look no further than the famous St. Elmo Steakhouse. They currently have a 10 year and 20 year Willet, both of which are exceptional. The 20 year will set you back $22 a glass. At least this was the case at their sister restaurant, Harry & Izzy's; you might check them out too as they are a less expensive version of St. Elmo and I actually prefer eating there anyways, as they have a broader selection of food.
    Last edited by BourbonBaron; 04-09-2012 at 13:01.

Connoisseur

If there is interest, I think I could put together an impromptu get together at my place Thursday evening. I would imagine we could find a few others from the Indy contingent to drop in. I would say my bunker competes pretty well with most any restaurant/bar in Indy.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    If there is interest, I think I could put together an impromptu get together at my place Thursday evening. I would imagine we could find a few others from the Indy contingent to drop in. I would say my bunker competes pretty well with most any restaurant/bar in Indy.
    Based on our prior conversation , I think its safe to say NO restaurant /bar in the world competes with your bunker..
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    Based on our prior conversation , I think its safe to say NO restaurant /bar in the world competes with your bunker..
    While I don't have a bad bunker (many SB'ers have bigger and better ones), there are many fine bars that I can't even hope to compete with such as Poison Girl in Houston, another bar in Haight-Asbury district of SF that Doubleblank also recommened (can't remember the name, just the 28 YO Willett I had) . And of course, Jack Rose in DC. I don't even come close to these places, nor would I want to (I'd had to go back to work to buy the number and quality of whiskies those places have).

Connoisseur

I'd certainly be interested, but Thursday is most likely not going to be a good day as after the opening night of a show is when I usually wind up with most (if not all) of my meetings.

I'll probably have a better gauge though by the end of this week.

Virtuoso

I'm game.
    Jay - just let us know what's going on. If we can't get a full-on Tom's Ranch Shindig together, maybe we could meet you somewhere!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    Will you be there all week? There is a small chance that I will be there Thursday for a customer visit.
    I arrive on Wednesday and leave on Sunday with the trade show on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.