Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: High West ryes

Virtuoso

Re: High West ryes

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    My wife is heading to Indy tonight so I sent her on a mission to hunt out some Bourye. Trust me that just getting her to agree to look for me was no easy feat. In the bourbon and rye whiskey aspect, she is not very supportive. Had to use some mad influencing skills!!!!
    Ok, Give it up, what are your secrets in this! I get more and more eye rolling as the days go by. Even now as I type she is giving me the look.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    Ok, Give it up, what are your secrets in this! I get more and more eye rolling as the days go by. Even now as I type she is giving me the look.

B
    I have plenty, and I mean plenty of eye rolling in the house. I could feel it when I was on the phone. She had committed to bring some Fat Tire beer back for a friend so I said "oh sure bring beer back for your boyfriend but not any whiskey for your husband." I am not above guilting her into these days!

Enthusiast

If you're in the market for some, I CAN tell you that most of the major retailers in the NY/NJ market still have some Bourye. Just spent a week and a half in the area, and even our distributor has some.

Just an FYI.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    If you're in the market for some, I CAN tell you that most of the major retailers in the NY/NJ market still have some Bourye. Just spent a week and a half in the area, and even our distributor has some.

Just an FYI.
    Thanks for info. I did see it last week in Indy so I wanted to avoid the $20 shipping charges. Although I have found a couple of other things that will help dilute some of the shipping if she doesn't find it.

Connoisseur

I bought the double rye a couple months ago, got around to opening it tonight. Very nice. A bargain at $32. I have ordered and will pick up in the next couple of weeks, the 16yr rye and the bourye. I will definitely open both of them sooner then later
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Enthusiast

Glad you liked our Double Rye! Also happy to know you've been able to secure bottles of the 16yr and Bourye...both are long gone from our warehouse and (sadly) their won't be more.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Connoisseur

I'm a relative newby to rye, Mat, so I'm really intrigued by your various selections. And being a lover of FR's, the Bourye with 10yr old FR's really interests me. Can you tell which mashbill was used in this blend?

Also, I was on the TPS website yesterday and saw they now have your products. Happy days!!
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Enthusiast

Sure...the mashbill on the Bourbon was/is 70% Corn, 20% Rye and 5% Barley. Sadly, our Bourye has gone the way of the Edsel...no more to be had. If you see it, buy it. I do.

We're very excited about finally being in Kentucky. What was really exciting to me was the fact that this initial shipment was the single-largest shipment in the history of our company for a new distributor!

Our first shipment hit the market last month...and you'll now find us in most of the 'usual suspects'. David is going to do an in-store event at the Liquor Barns in Louisville & Lexington next month, and is working out details with Jay at TPS for a visit.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    Sure...the mashbill on the Bourbon was/is 70% Corn, 20% Rye and 5% Barley. Sadly, our Bourye has gone the way of the Edsel...no more to be had. If you see it, buy it. I do.

We're very excited about finally being in Kentucky. What was really exciting to me was the fact that this initial shipment was the single-largest shipment in the history of our company for a new distributor!

Our first shipment hit the market last month...and you'll now find us in most of the 'usual suspects'. David is going to do an in-store event at the Liquor Barns in Louisville & Lexington next month, and is working out details with Jay at TPS for a visit.
    When you find out dates for TPS event post it here. Would live to get signed up early. They do tend to fill up fast at TPS. Good news they are in NKY. I was just at TPS on Thursday. I must have missed them.

Connoisseur

Thanks to another member, I added these babies to the bunker before they're all gone.