Just a quick question on the (hopefully) soon-to-be-released Angel's Envy Cask Strength.

1.) Is it a bourbon finished in port barrels just like the standard release, except, of course, bottled at cask strength?

2.) Or did the spirit spend 100% of its time in port barrels, and therefore, was never a bourbon?

I tend to believe #1. Since Lincoln and Wes aren't distilling yet, they would have had to purchase already aged bourbon (I would assume from Brown-Forman with the past connections and all) and then finish it in port barrels. I swear I thought I read somewhere that the AE CS was 100% port matured but that just doesn't sound right. If that were the case, they would have had to source new make spirit right? And they wouldn't be able to use the same label as the standard AE right?

So the only difference between the two expressions is proof? I'm sure I'm overcomplicating this but I thought I read or heard somewhere that it's not a "bourbon" and never was. Perhaps my mind made up the 100% port matured part to justify it.

Wes, can you shed any light on this? Anyone else?

On a side note, I've had this a few times and it's VERY tasty. Can't wait for its release!!!

Thanks!