Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Angel's Envy Cask Strength

Just in case anyone is interested, TPS now has the CS as well as their own private recipe of AE.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Disciple

I haven't seen the cask strength yet here in the Chicago area but three of our liquor retailers also have their own private or handpicked recipe of the regular AE. The Henderson men are doing their best to keep the label out in front of the consumer in select markets.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    I haven't seen the cask strength yet here in the Chicago area but three of our liquor retailers also have their own private or handpicked recipe of the regular AE. The Henderson men are doing their best to keep the label out in front of the consumer in select markets.
    This release won't come to Chicago...to the best of my knowledge it is limited to KY and Nashville TN.

Virtuoso

Not sure if I saw it in here, does someone have all the details around the dinner thing?

Best regards, Tony

Apprentice

Re: Angels Envy Barrel Strength spotted last night in retail!

Tom has a pretty good handle on the age of the bourbon.

I don't have an issue talking about age, but I prefer maturity over age. We have talked publicly about the general age range of Angel's Envy, and have kept it as ranges as opposed to detailed specifics, as there is such a wide range of maturity within the age range. Clear as mud? The port finish also seems to blunt the higher alcohols, which gives Angel's Envy a subtle boost in perceptible age definitions. Once again, I really don't get hung up on age statements, and as a personal preference (which also bears out in consumer tests), I prefer a bourbon no more than 10 years of age. Is that honest enough for my friend, Bad_Scientist?

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Not trying to answer for Wes, but I think the age range is a pretty simple guess....

It is at least 4 years old since they use the phrase Straight Bourbon and its NAS....

It is no older than 8 years old after hearing Lincoln preach that most whiskey over 8 years old is over the hill (when he stated his opinion he did note that it was obvious that several of us didn't agree with that statement).
    Wes Henderson

Apprentice

On another note, as I have been asked a number of times the last few days, the final allocation of the Cask Strength has been delivered to The Party Source in Bellevue, and I have asked them to make a certain portion available on-line only, so our friends from parts other than KY and TN can get some if they wish.

Finally, I wish a wonderful Christmas holiday month to my friends here.

Cheers!

Wes
    Wes Henderson

Guru

Tried to resist the temptation but alas I lack the strength to do so. I liked the regular Angel's Envy quite a bit and the pull of the unusual and the uncommon was too strong a draw for me. Beside, I had been wanting to order a bottle of the Bowman TPS Barrel #45 and this was the last straw. My order is in!

Thanks for making a few available for those of us outside the KY/TN region!

BTW, is the regular AE going to be coming to Georgia anytime soon?
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Taster

Angel's Envy Cask Strength

Has anyone indulged in a bottle? I love the presentation in the nice wooden box but the bottle I found was around $150. I've had the regular AE and I wasnt the biggest fan so its a little tough to drop that much on a product I am unsure of how much I will enjoy it. Thoughts?!

Disciple

Angel's Envy Cask Strength

Jim

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    Thank you! I will vow to use the search function more.