Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Connoisseur

Re: War of the (Four) Roses: Single Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by StraightNoChaser View Post
    Stagg is too intense to be a session drinker and I consider it more of a novelty than anything else.
    Seriously. Make no mistake, it's a delicious liquid, but when I see pictures of people's collections with 10+ bottles of it, my liver aches for them. If I pour a healthy dram out and finish it within an hour it's a feat, and then I'm totally hammered.

Virtuoso

Re: War of the (Four) Roses: Single Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by StraightNoChaser View Post
    Jim Murray is just another guy with another opinion. His opinion may not reflect yours or anyone else's as we all have different palates.

Personally 4R1B is my all time favorite regular offering. It's smooth, balanced, refined and tastes damn good. Stagg is too intense to be a session drinker and I consider it more of a novelty than anything else.
    As I have said before I would like to see the "professional" reviewers do blind tastings ... I sense you would see some very different scores and most likely a fair amount less "expertise" exhibited. I find the "hobbyists" blind tasting reviews and scores the most honest given they spend their own money and don't derive benefits of any kind from the beverage industry.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"