Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Enthusiast

Re: New Elijah Craig 12 Label

Quote Originally Posted by kyrocklover View Post
    I believe the distilleries are contractually obligated to sell at the gift shop at a higher $ amount. I have been told that on two different occasions at two different distilleries. TIFWIW.
    If you believe that, I've got a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

Folks who are telling you that are deflecting. The truth is that most tasting rooms (be they distilleries, wineries or breweries) are ALWAYS going to have pricing that reflects the high end of the SRP. And the reason is - in this age of internet sales, etc. - that they don't want any bad blood with retailers across the nation.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Connoisseur

I think all the EC12's have the same 77 and 42 numbers, must be a bottle manufacturing code or something. The 11 is the approximate year.

BarrelChar, check this thread out. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...highlight=EC18
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Sounds promising! Was one of them A & L?
    I attended that tasting a few weeks ago and mentioned in another thread. There were three choices - the highest was ~132 proof, if I remember correctly. But they explained that the bottling would be at the regular proof, otherwise it would have to go through the MI system as a distinct bottling.
    Craig

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    If you believe that, I've got a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

Folks who are telling you that are deflecting. The truth is that most tasting rooms (be they distilleries, wineries or breweries) are ALWAYS going to have pricing that reflects the high end of the SRP. And the reason is - in this age of internet sales, etc. - that they don't want any bad blood with retailers across the nation.
    I will definitely trust you on this topic. I always assumed it was because most gifts shop customers were not enthusiast and in the know about what prices typically are. They could take advantage of the momentum and excitement about being at the distillery.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    I attended that tasting a few weeks ago and mentioned in another thread. There were three choices - the highest was ~132 proof, if I remember correctly. But they explained that the bottling would be at the regular proof, otherwise it would have to go through the MI system as a distinct bottling.
    Craig
    Wow, that seems downright low to the barrels I rated for a recent pick, the low there was 144 and the high end was 154.

Hopefully, they should be coming in soon.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    Wow, that seems downright low to the barrels I rated for a recent pick, the low there was 144 and the high end was 154.

Hopefully, they should be coming in soon.

B
    Well, the other two were in the teens - 116 or 118 or something similar, so you had something really different from what we were served.
    Craig

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jwilly019 View Post
    Fair enough, I didn't know certain areas of the state got certain bottles and others didn't.

Anyway, if you're ever in Columbus, we've got it here.
    I live in C-bus as well. Can you tell me where I can find EC 18? I've been looking everywhere :-(

Thanks!