Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Another Age Statement Bites the Dust (And More Recent COLA Findings)

Here's another one. Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Four Wood. "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Matured in Oak and finished in maple wood and wine barrels." It looks to be a 750. Assuming the price will be what the Master's Collection has always been, I think I'm going to pass on this one.

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonlin...12118001000105

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Here's another one. Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Four Wood. "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Matured in Oak and finished in maple wood and wine barrels." It looks to be a 750. Assuming the price will be what the Master's Collection has always been, I think I'm going to pass on this one.

Good lord! I am with you on this one. They're a little too proud of their concoctions for the price. This is perhaps the most gimmicky bourbon concept I have yet seen.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    Good lord! I am with you on this one. They're a little too proud of their concoctions for the price. This is perhaps the most gimmicky bourbon concept I have yet seen.
    Chuck? where are you? someone is suggesting that woodford MC series isn't worth it. You gotta tell him its worth the education and this is great experimentation that a big distillery should be doing.

sorry, was that ad homonym? Please don't ban me.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post

This is wrong in so many ways. Yet another sign of the decline of civilization.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    Just take a look at their annual report... B-F sees Woodford as their "Super Peemium" entries and keys to higher profits.

Connoisseur

The thing that's allways seemed weird to me about Woodford is that it's a (half and half?) mixture of two different whiskies. I remember Chuck talking about different distilleries single barrel selection options. Then this came up. They really couldn't let anyone select a single barrel of Woodford because there really is no such thing. I think you can get custom labels or something. Maybe B-F could release a package with components of Woodford in separate small bottles, like one of the big blended Scotch labels did a couple years ago.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    Chuck? where are you? someone is suggesting that woodford MC series isn't worth it. You gotta tell him its worth the education and this is great experimentation that a big distillery should be doing.

sorry, was that ad homonym? Please don't ban me.
    LOL! Don't get me wrong I like Woodford. I have the Maple Finished version which is quite excellent when it's had 3 months to air out. But their past MC offerings have been beyond redemption. The dual rye experiment...is NOT worth 80 bux. It's not worth 30 bux SO this bizarre monstrosity goes against the grain and they are trying too hard to reinvent the wheel.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

If the price is right, I'm interested: Jefferson's 21 Year Old Rye

There is also a label for a 10 year old Bulleit (mildly impressed that they might be ADDING an age statement) and single barrel Woodford Double Oaked (not impressed).
    Last edited by c2walker; 09-18-2012 at 19:15.

Guru

Definitely be interested in seeing the price on the Jeffersons Rye.