Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: Black Maple Hill 23

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Dude, buy the Willett Rye. It's cask strength, and it's not like RittBIB and WT101 are any older than 4yrs. And Handy's only 6.5 and at least twice the price. And BradleyC's right about mixing with Willett. It makes one of the best Manhattans I've ever had.
    Thanks both of you. I will acquire a bottle. The Willet 7yr bourbon wasnt all that great so I was highly skeptical. If anything it's another rye to add to the repetoire.

On a side note, I think it's incredible that there is only one Wheat whiskey on the market (that I know of) considering it's overwhelming popularity.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Virtuoso

On a side note, I think it's incredible that there is only one Wheat whiskey on the market (that I know of) considering it's overwhelming popularity.
    Are you talking about Wathens? It's a Wheat Wiskey and it's not particularly popular at all. Some micros may be making wheat whiskies also. There are more than a few wheated Bourbons available however.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
    Are you talking about Wathens? It's a Wheat Wiskey and it's not particularly popular at all. Some micros may be making wheat whiskies also. There are more than a few wheated Bourbons available however.
    No, I was talking about Bernheim Original Wheat. I have never seen Wathens. Based on what you stated it doesnt sound like it's very good O_O.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
    I have seen Wathen's SB Bourbon. Do they have another product out? If so I have not seen this either.

Enthusiast
    Wathen's is a rye recipe bourbon...right? Have they changed something recently?

Virtuoso

My bad - I meant Bernheim. That will teach me to post before coffee in the morning.