Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 111
  1. #51
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington, MA
    Posts
    500

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    I haven't been refrigerating my vermouth, but I do try to keep it in a cool, dark place. Right now it's in the cabinet bar in the living room, and as summer heats up, it'll go downstairs to a wine box in the basement where it can stay cool.

    If it changes away from the original flavor, I'll replace the bottle.

  2. #52
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    219

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Vieux Carre tonight. Will probably have a Whiskey Sour as well. Don't like using a lemon for just a garnish...

  3. #53
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Pelham, AL
    Posts
    3,890

    Cool Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    I made an off-the-cuff cocktail last night that turned out pretty well. I invented it myself, although I know I am probably not the first person to have ever done so.

    I had the Negroni cocktail in mind, but I do not have the ingredients to make that. So, I took a shot of Tanqueray gin, several dashes of Angostura bitters, and a healthy splash of sweet vermouth. Then I filled the glass with ice cubes and topped it off with club soda.

    It was somewhat sweeter than I expected, but overall quite good.

    Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

  4. #54
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    876

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    I made an off-the-cuff cocktail last night that turned out pretty well. I invented it myself, although I know I am probably not the first person to have ever done so.

    I had the Negroni cocktail in mind, but I do not have the ingredients to make that. So, I took a shot of Tanqueray gin, several dashes of Angostura bitters, and a healthy splash of sweet vermouth. Then I filled the glass with ice cubes and topped it off with club soda.

    It was somewhat sweeter than I expected, but overall quite good.

    Tim
    That sounds like a smart substitute. I would recommend anyone to keep a bottle Campari around. It's not for everyone, but I think most people that like a straight bourbon would enjoy the bitterness of a Negroni or Boulevardier.

  5. #55
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Carlsbad, CA
    Posts
    460

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Enjoyed my first Kentucky Mule, in the proper copper mule mug. Delicious! Used about 1 3/4 shots of WTRB. I see why it's called a mule, it kicked my ass!

  6. #56
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Pelham, AL
    Posts
    3,890

    Thumbs up Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    That sounds like a smart substitute. I would recommend anyone to keep a bottle Campari around. It's not for everyone, but I think most people that like a straight bourbon would enjoy the bitterness of a Negroni or Boulevardier.
    Thank you, Trey. Of course, Campari is one of the many things I cannot get in my ABC state of Alabama.

    Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

  7. #57
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    262

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Hello all,

    1. Mint julep. Prepared with simple syrup. Refreshing!
    2. Bourbon&Ginger Ale on ice cubes. Relaxing

    Regards,

  8. #58
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    About a week ago we had a really hot day. I came outside to join the wife and kids who were gardening, and I was carrying a glass of brown liquid with two ice cubes. (Please note that I drink 99% of my whiskey neat, but it was a very hot day.)

    Wife: Whatcha got there?

    Me: I invented a new drink. The Kentucky Spritzer.

    Wife: Fun. What is it?

    Me: Bourbon on the rocks!

    Wife: So no actual spritz? You idiot.

  9. #59
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Pelham, AL
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post

    Wife: Whatcha got there?

    Me: I invented a new drink. The Kentucky Spritzer.

    Wife: Fun. What is it?

    Me: Bourbon on the rocks!

    Wife: So no actual spritz? You idiot.
    I had a bourbon with club soda a couple of nights ago. It was pretty nice.

    Related question: I always thought club soda was just a more modern version of seltzer water. But now, I am seeing both in the stores. What, if anything, is the difference?

    Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

  10. #60
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gwinnett Co., GA
    Posts
    672

    Re: What cocktail are you enjoying Spring/Summer 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    Related question: I always thought club soda was just a more modern version of seltzer water. But now, I am seeing both in the stores. What, if anything, is the difference?

    Tim
    Seltzer is sparkling water. Club soda is carbonated water and includes sodium bicarbonate.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Bourbon Should I Purchase Today? - Spring/Summer 2012
    By Rockefeller in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 11:07
  2. What rye are you enjoying Spring 2012?
    By Jono in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 06:58
  3. what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?
    By Phil T in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 748
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 21:17
  4. What rye are you enjoying? - Winter 2012
    By sob0728 in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 09:39
  5. What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012
    By Special Reserve in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 793
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 18:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top