Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: High West Campfire

I've never really gotten into the High West product line, although I do have a relatively good opinion of the ones I've tasted. Never bought a bottle, however. For some weird reason, I feel compelled to pick this one up. The mixture just sounds so funky that I think I'll like it.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I've never really gotten into the High West product line, although I do have a relatively good opinion of the ones I've tasted. Never bought a bottle, however. For some weird reason, I feel compelled to pick this one up. The mixture just sounds so funky that I think I'll like it.
    The only taste I've had was the Bourye at the last GBS meeting, and I thought it was pretty decent - but I've only seen it for $85 and I didn't like it quite that much. Everything I've read says this should come in priced well below that, so while I vowed not to buy any whiskey for $50+ that I hadn't tasted before - this will be an exception
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Guru

Can't wait to hear what you two think of it. My bottle has depleted rapidly and isn't long for a replacement.

Virtuoso

I had a chance to try this at Tales of the Cocktail... but Mat completely distracted me

Enthusiast

Who, me?

Well, I can provide you with a second chance...Kieran and I will be taking part in our distributor's (Pioneer Wine Co.) annual trade show series next week. It's Houston on 8/14, Austin 8/15 & Dallas 8/16. Of course, Campfire will be poured...
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    Who, me?

Well, I can provide you with a second chance...Kieran and I will be taking part in our distributor's (Pioneer Wine Co.) annual trade show series next week. It's Houston on 8/14, Austin 8/15 & Dallas 8/16. Of course, Campfire will be poured...
    Awesome! Care to PM me the details?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    Who, me?

I'll be traveling to Dallas that week - if there's any chance of snagging a taste in the evening, I'd be very interested!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

As will I. What is meant by a trade show? Can anyone show up, like a tasting, or do you have to be invited?
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by biskuit View Post
    I think this is a fascinating blend that any whiskey geek should try - what I find most intriguing is that you can spot each of the components as they weave in and out, it doesn't become a jumbled mess but more of a shape shifter where you catch glimpses of each of the components.
    I picked up and tried a bottle of this today. Like others have noted to you, I think you nailed it. It's an odd beast, but I find it highly enjoyable.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I picked up and tried a bottle of this today. Like others have noted to you, I think you nailed it. It's an odd beast, but I find it highly enjoyable.
    I must have been there soon after you. Paul broke my attention from three certain bottles on the counter and showed me the LAST bottle.