Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

More Than Enough BS To Go Around

I must say, the most disturbing thing about this article is how much that Steelman character looks like me.

Their 5,000,000 case target is beyond ambitious and I hate to tell them, but that's about half what JD does.

And did you know that Dave Scheurich is "the man who brought Woodford Reserve out from the dusty shadows of history and into the modern world"? Then check out this feature from Tasting Panel Magazine.
    Last edited by cowdery; 10-08-2012 at 11:03.

Advanced Taster

Re: More Than Enough BS To Go Around

That second link is pretty bad, almost all of the info is generic or wrong and the majority of the whiskies featured are from marketing firms and not distillers. I don't have a problem with bottlers selling sourced whiskey (Vintage Bourbon/Ryes and Van Winkles are great products), but some of these bottles look like they are being marketed to dudes that wear Axe body spray, Affliction/MMA branded tee shirts and $200 Diesel jeans...

Guru

Is there no end to the hackery?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

These are magazines that get mailed unsolicited and free to bars and restaurants in stacks. Their main purpose is an advertising delivery system for the big boys. The likes of Brown foreman and diageo probably "consult" on most of the articles.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Enthusiast

I'm glad they're making whiskey for non-whiskey drinkers. I know personally, as a non-whiskey drinker, I've always looked for non-whiskey whiskey that would not taste like whiskey but still be whiskey. Chicks dig guys who drink whiskey. Now, I have Revelstoke. Shots, Shots, Shots Shots Shots Shots!