Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What is a typical night?

Let me start by saying I am originally from Wisconsin, so a few drinks a night is the social norm. I'm curious what a typical Monday-Friday night looks like for you guys/gals?

I'll usually have a pint after dinner and the ponder which bourbon pour to have as a follow up.

Share your post work/evening/?morning? Rituals..

Virtuoso

Re: What is a typical night?

I usually have a beer when I get home from work. Then, I eat dinner and walk my dogs. After that, I take a shower and pour a glass of Bourbon/Scotch/Irish.... and, as of late, Tequila. I usually have a couple pours during an evening.... sometimes more.

There are nights I don't drink at all, though.

Connoisseur

a few nights a week a glass of wine or a beer with dinner.
    a few nights a week a little whisky.
    often more on the weekend. more likely to have a martini or, in the summer, a margarita
    Last edited by bigtoys; 05-02-2012 at 21:16.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Enthusiast

Mon/Tues: I will do a 1/2 oz tasting pour usually.
    Weds/Thurs: nothing.
    Fri/Sat: I usually will have a cocktail or two or a healthy pour on the rocks with a twist of lemon after the kids are in bed.
    Sunday: nothing.

About once or twice a month I make it over to fellow member Max Power's house and we do some serious bourbon and/or tequila sampling. Those are good nights!
    -SOB-

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerMatty View Post
    I'll usually have a pint after dinner and the ponder which bourbon pour to have as a follow up.
    I too have about a pint of bourbon each evening. I usually start before dinner though.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I too have about a pint of bourbon each evening. I usually start before dinner though.
    Nice work Sky...I knew your response wouldn't let me down! I typically will have a couple 1oz pours 3 nights a week and on the weekends I may have 4oz or so. Not quite yet to Sky's consumption levels but I'm working towards it!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Connoisseur

One or two 2 oz. shots each night. Maybe a beer once a week.
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Virtuoso

Between 1 and 4 oz nightly. Usually 3oz but occasionally more or less. I usually pour 1 oz at a time because I like variety.

A beer once or twice a week if I have any in the fridge.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sob0728 View Post
    Mon/Tues: I will do a 1/2 oz tasting pour usually.
    Weds/Thurs: nothing.
    Fri/Sat: I usually will have a cocktail or two or a healthy pour on the rocks with a twist of lemon after the kids are in bed.
    Sunday: nothing.

About once or twice a month I make it over to fellow member Max Power's house and we do some serious bourbon and/or tequila sampling. Those are good nights!
    Those are indeed good nights. The tequila collection is overwhelming, but the bourbon stash is growing...and now we're buying more scotch. Life is good.

A few nights a week, I'll have a drink after the kids go to bed. One night, I'll do 3-4 1/2 ounce tastings of tequila to make notes and write reviews. One weekend night is reserved for drinking whatever I feel like and not thinking too much about it...AKA the nights that sob stops by. Generally I'll share with the wife if she's awake and not drink anything if she's not. That determines the schedule.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Those are indeed good nights. The tequila collection is overwhelming, but the bourbon stash is growing...and now we're buying more scotch. Life is good.

A few nights a week, I'll have a drink after the kids go to bed. One night, I'll do 3-4 1/2 ounce tastings of tequila to make notes and write reviews. One weekend night is reserved for drinking whatever I feel like and not thinking too much about it...AKA the nights that sob stops by. Generally I'll share with the wife if she's awake and not drink anything if she's not. That determines the schedule.
    We'll have to get together and discuss tequila. My next-door neighbor runs the anti-smoking campaign for Mexico and goes down 6 - 8 times a year. He often brings back some of the most amazing tequila at half the cost of buying it in the US, often the label is not in English. As a result I have developed a taste and stash of quality tequila.

As for nightly I usually do a theme flight of four and follow up with one of my house bourbons. Sometimes get my wife to pick them out and I try to identify. Very humbling!
    Last edited by Enoch; 05-03-2012 at 10:30.