Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Rum Forum

Virtuoso

Re: Rum Forum

Its been a long winter, and a crappy spring, so finally on a very nice Saturday, mojito ingredients were brought out. Ventured into something new, and used a "local" agricole blanc, from 11 Wells, Maelstrom Rhum.

I know, a agricole from Minnesota, how can that be? Well, it is, by a large stretch I may add, but it's works ok.

Nose falls short of Rhum JM, and it's a bit harsh at first open, but settles out in the glass upon additional ingredients, has that agricole funk to it that lets you know it's not Bacardi.

Still better than most whites.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Virtuoso

Anybody try the Smooth Ambler Revelation Rum yet?? I saw this at Binny's today and it spoke to me to bring it home.

Doesn't seem to be much out on it yet, but I'm a sucker for the aged and different. I figure if they can pick some pretty good barrel on the whiskey side, they likely will do the same for this.

B

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    Anybody try the Smooth Ambler Revelation Rum yet?? I saw this at Binny's today and it spoke to me to bring it home.

Doesn't seem to be much out on it yet, but I'm a sucker for the aged and different. I figure if they can pick some pretty good barrel on the whiskey side, they likely will do the same for this.

B
    I've had it and loved it. You will like it. It's a bourbon drinkers rum for sure

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post

B
    If you read back a few pages, I believe I posted at least one set of tasting notes. Bottom line: it's great. I love it. Ideally I'd like to branch out to other non messed with rums, but if I can't, more bottles of this will do in a pinch.
    Eric

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean View Post
    If you read back a few pages, I believe I posted at least one set of tasting notes. Bottom line: it's great. I love it. Ideally I'd like to branch out to other non messed with rums, but if I can't, more bottles of this will do in a pinch.
    Found it. Appreciate the top.

B