Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Rum Forum

Connoisseur

Re: Rum Forum

Quote Originally Posted by jvd99 View Post
    Canada is an option, but I don't get there too often. I suppose I don't have to worry about ordering online anymore from Master of Malt or any other online overseas retailer.
    Yes you still do have to worry about online ordering. You must physically accompany the bottles to get the Cuban $100 exemption, I believe.

Enthusiast

I've made numerous purchases from overseas and never had a problem, however, I haven't tried to sneak in a Cuban rum yet.

Connoisseur

Yes, I wasn't talking about normal overseas purchases. Only Cuban goods.

Advanced Taster

I may be in the minority here, but IMO Havana Club 7 and Seleccion de Maestros are excellent, but I was very underwhelmed by the Gran Reserva 15.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by t44tq View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but IMO Havana Club 7 and Seleccion de Maestros are excellent, but I was very underwhelmed by the Gran Reserva 15.
    I always heard good things about the Barrel Proof that the Maestros replaced but never tried it. The 7 is certainly the better value and quite good. I could be convinced that is as good or better than the 15yo. Just let me know when you are going to host that tasting!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Virtuoso

This question may have been asked(and maybe even by me) but I'm too lazy to go back through the thread or my old posts....anyway what is the consensus on Appleton 21? At retail ($120ish)? What about on super(like 50% off) sale?
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Guru

Half price??? Jump on it, brother!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    This question may have been asked(and maybe even by me) but I'm too lazy to go back through the thread or my old posts....anyway what is the consensus on Appleton 21? At retail ($120ish)? What about on super(like 50% off) sale?
    Loved the 21 - only had 2 samples though. Not sure about the first price tag but the sale price is a buy now, taste, and think about how many for the bunker...

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Loved the 21 - only had 2 samples though. Not sure about the first price tag but the sale price is a buy now, taste, and think about how many for the bunker...
    Thanks guys, it is now in the bunker. Will open w a friend who is more into rum and we may return to the scene of the deal.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Enthusiast

Found two of these fun bottles last weekend. Planter's Gold Pyrat XO Reserve. Apparently pre-Patron.. low 20k bottle number. I look forward to a special occasion to try it. Has anyone had this stuff? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images