Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Rum Forum

Guru

Re: Rum Forum

The Bacardi Reserva Limitada was one of the exceptions I was trying to think of. I have never had it and it seems a bit overpriced if you can find it. But it is relatively new, at least in the US, rather than a true dusty.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Virtuoso

Finally found El Dorado 12 and 15 in my area. Picked up a bottle of the 12 to give it a try. Might go back for the 15 later. The 12 is definitely good, though. Just tried a sip of it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Finally found El Dorado 12 and 15 in my area. Picked up a bottle of the 12 to give it a try. Might go back for the 15 later. The 12 is definitely good, though. Just tried a sip of it.
    I just bought a bottle of the El Dorado 12 as well. It is a nice dessert sipper.
    -SOB-

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Winston do you guys make rum?
    Sorry! I missed this post. Yes we make a rum, but it hasn't been released yet. It's 100% organic molasses based. Pretty tasty too.

We also have a Rum-like product, Rumble, which is made from sugar, honey and figs. Made just like rum or whisky, only with those 3 ingredients.

Guru

Thanks . . . . . . . . . .

Enthusiast

I will have to say that I haven't tried too much rum, and bought even less in my day, but I did pick up a Flor de Cana 7 yr today for $12. It was marked for half price on a clearance table, so I thought, why not? It may not be any good, but I can always buy a Coke Zero to pair it with if nothing else.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    I will have to say that I haven't tried too much rum, and bought even less in my day, but I did pick up a Flor de Cana 7 yr today for $12. It was marked for half price on a clearance table, so I thought, why not? It may not be any good, but I can always buy a Coke Zero to pair it with if nothing else.
    Its a very serviceable aged rum for mixing drinks and at that price a pretty good deal! An excellent choice in many tiki type drinks and rum punches.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Its a very serviceable aged rum for mixing drinks and at that price a pretty good deal! An excellent choice in many tiki type drinks and rum punches.
    Thanks for the feedback! I am looking forward to trying it in the next few days.

Connoisseur

After much experimentation, I found Pepsi a better match for Rum than Coke. In fact if you can get the one made with sugar cane instead of HF-Corn Syrup it is much better.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Virtuoso

A little El Dorado 12 year old after dinner tonight. This stuff is really growing on me. It's such a perfect balance between the oak and sweetness. Now I'm really curious about the 15 year.