Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Diageo Evil? Redux

Well, evil and stupid so often go hand in hand. When they agreed to sponsor this award, didn't it dawn on anyone that this was a possible outcome?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Well, evil and stupid so often go hand in hand. When they agreed to sponsor this award, didn't it dawn on anyone that this was a possible outcome?
    Maybe they were making bets on the outcome and the rep stood to loose a lot of.money. Or....it was promised to another company and the judges were not paid off or informed.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Connoisseur

I'm sure the CEO, all the top board members, and everyone down the chain of command plotted for another pub to win a service award. Diageo is one hive mind and the entire company is stupid.

I'd hate to see how much money Diageo would make if it had any intelligence.

EDIT: this is not serious. I can't believe people equate a couple of (perhaps) drunk lunkheads with an entire company.
    Last edited by bad_scientist; 05-10-2012 at 07:01.

Guru

Apparently not. Also it didn't dawn on whoever decided to put the screws to BII that this might look really bad when it got out.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

BTW, Diageo seems to have taken down that link to the PDF response. I'd love to ditch anything associated with them as well, but Talisker would be very painful to give up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by weller_tex View Post
    BTW, Diageo seems to have taken down that link to the PDF response. I'd love to ditch anything associated with them as well, but Talisker would be very painful to give up.
    Here's a URL with the same message.

http://www.diageo.com/en-row/NewsMed...esourceid=1263
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Here's a URL with the same message.

http://www.diageo.com/en-row/NewsMed...esourceid=1263
    OK, thanks very much.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Lunkheads though they clearly were, the Diageo staff on hand had enough authority to at least momentarily intimidate the officials representing the British Institute of Innkeeping, who deserve some kind of recognition for their impressive gutlessness. If ever there was a time when "Fuck you" should have issued involuntarily from someone's lips, this is it.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker
    Lunkheads though they clearly were, the Diageo staff on hand had enough authority to at least momentarily intimidate the officials representing the British Institute of Innkeeping, who deserve some kind of recognition for their impressive gutlessness. If ever there was a time when "Fuck you" should have issued involuntarily from someone's lips, this is it.
    Well said. Thanks.

Connoisseur

Perfect! I come from the Single Malt world so I am very familiar with Diageo. Sums it up!