Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

New Colonel E.H. Taylor

The following caught my eye in Shanken News Daily today.

Sazerac Co. is set to launch Colonel E. H. Taylor Jr. Barrel Proof Bourbon, an uncut, unfiltered rye-recipe Bourbon thatís at 134.5-proof and is aged seven years. Rolling out in June, itís the fourth product in the E. H. Taylor Jr. Bourbon Collection, joining Old Fashioned Sour Mash Bourbon, Single Barrel Bourbon and Warehouse C. Tornado Surviving Bourbon. Like the previous three releases, Barrel Proof Bourbon will have limited availability and will be packaged in a vintage label and canister. Suggested retail price is $69.99 a 750-ml.
    Cheers,
    Tom

Connoisseur

Re: New Colonel E.H. Taylor

Nice...I wonder if they will ever have a regular release of this, or if will continue to be these limited edition releases.

Connoisseur

color me excited for a barrel proof rye

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    color me excited for a barrel proof rye
    Not saying that a barrel proof rye won't happen, but the label that's already approved is for a BIB rye.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyj1986 View Post
    The following caught my eye in Shanken News Daily today.

Sazerac Co. is set to launch Colonel E. H. Taylor Jr. Barrel Proof Bourbon, an uncut, unfiltered rye-recipe Bourbon thatís at 134.5-proof and is aged seven years. Rolling out in June, itís the fourth product in the E. H. Taylor Jr. Bourbon Collection, joining Old Fashioned Sour Mash Bourbon, Single Barrel Bourbon and Warehouse C. Tornado Surviving Bourbon. Like the previous three releases, Barrel Proof Bourbon will have limited availability and will be packaged in a vintage label and canister. Suggested retail price is $69.99 a 750-ml.
    I guess that would be this one. I'm kind of disappointed it's only going to be 7 years old. I suppose it's essentially barrel proof Buffalo Trace, which is something I'd like to try, but not for nearly 4 times the price of regular Buffalo Trace.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by c2walker View Post
    I guess that would be this one. I'm kind of disappointed it's only going to be 7 years old. I suppose it's essentially barrel proof Buffalo Trace, which is something I'd like to try, but not for nearly 4 times the price of regular Buffalo Trace.
    Next time you're at Jack Rose, try the Willett Matinee and French Connection. The Matinee is almost certainly BT. I can't tell about the French Connection but I believe it to be.

Guru

I'm sorry, but screw this. 7 y/o for $70? Really? It's basically a bourbon version of Handy which is already the worst bargain in American whiskey. I would much rather get a couple bottles of a good retailer bottling of Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare than this.

"The rye recipe version of Van Winkle", my pale white ass! If anyone's keeping score, I'm back in the BT haters club.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm sorry, but screw this.
    I love you! Thanks for putting this all in perspective!

Still, I've tasted it and the proof is in the pudding. I'm a buyer.
    Last edited by wadewood; 05-10-2012 at 18:57.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    I love you! Thanks for all in perspective!
    You know I love you too, Wade. I may have been a bit tipsy when that mini-rant was posted. Still, 7 years old seems a little on the young side. Doesn't inspire confidence in me for the future of the this line. Of course, this is all without having tasted the stuff.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You know I love you too, Wade. I may have been a bit tipsy when that mini-rant was posted. Still, 7 years old seems a little on the young side. Doesn't inspire confidence in me for the future of the this line. Of course, this is all without having tasted the stuff.
    Josh, you must have missed the current BT memo,

" if it tastes good, sell it".