Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Gin forum

Enthusiast

Re: Gin forum

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhour24x7 View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing what bar you were at, Harry. Sounds like a good bartender.
    Buck's Fishing @ Camping, Connecticut Ave NW. Jason made it for us (well, we helped), but don't let Chef know we use the parsley in drinks; kitchen'll want a cut.

Oh, yeah, in my post above, it should be "palate" not "pallet". We don't clean pallets at the bar.
    Last edited by Harry in WashDC; 05-26-2014 at 06:01.

Novice

Have any of you guys tried the Monkey 47? I picked up a bottle recently after it was much hyped at my local store, and it did not disappoint. It's pretty hard to describe in it's entirety, but I will say it's the only gin that I've picked up jasmine, citrus, juniper, dried berries, bay leaf and lemon zest, all in the same sip. I'll let the professionals do the talking, but I'd highly recommend picking up a bottle if you haven't already. Check this out : http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/kl...to-heaven.html

Enthusiast

Very much enjoying the bottle of Leopold Bros. Navy Strength I picked up. Makes a hell of a martini.

Enthusiast

Thanks, Happy. I looked right at it and passed even though I like Leopold Bros. products. I will not do that again.

Enthusiast

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a few dusty bottles of Leyden's gin and an older label Plymouth gin.

From what I could gather on the internet, this stuff is a Dutch gin that came over to the US in the late 90's, and has since been re-branded Van Gogh gin. I later saw a Van Gogh gin at another store across town, but did not buy it.

The Leyden's tastes awesome. I could enjoy it neat. So I'm going to try a Van Gogh soon to see if it is truly the same stuff.

Since I last wrote in this forum I also tried Mayfair, with which I was not impressed, and The Botanist, which I do enjoy.

I have the feeling that Van Gogh may be my new gin of choice. I'll know more in the fall when I get back on land and do some more sipping.

tbt