Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Threaded View

Bourbonian of the Year 2007

Memories of Tim Sousley

Dear Friends:

It's hard for me to believe that the bourbon world lost one of its greatest ambassadors -- Tim Sousley -- exactly one year ago today. I'd like to honor him by assembling some reflections on this fine man who was a great good friend to so many of us.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the visit I had with Tim and his girlfriend Tommie only weeks before he passed. I drove to Columbia, TN, where Tim showed me around his house and property before we did some A and B tasting of the two KBS 1792 bottlings I was delivering to him. Later, Tommie joined us and we drove to their favorite restaurant to treat out of town visitors -- Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe. During the meal, they spoke fondly of having similarly entertained Gary and Libby Gillman at this restaurant! It was a wonderful day and evening full of telling stories, sampling bourbons, reminiscing about good times with shared friends. Little did I know, however, that only weeks later Tim would be gone.

Tim was a kind and generous soul. He was a dear friend to our family. He loved my kids, as they did him.

I miss him so, to this day.

--Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof