Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Taster

Re: BOTM: 6/12 Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Chuck has said that's BT's intention, but for me there's not enough continuity in the releases for that parallel to work. Given the huge swings in style for the CEHT bottlings, I tend to put it in the PHC box. That said, it's got nothing on PHC as far as quality, IMHO.
    I would agree about the continuity issue. I just wonder if they are using the special releases to get the name out there and get some buzz on it and then let it settle into a regular release. On the other hand, there is some merit to the idea of continuing it the way they have been. If you didn't like the last release, but the new release is a different style you might be more likely to give it another chance.

Enthusiast

I believe someone said (maybe Chuck as well) that they were going to do the single barrel as a regular release in addition to regular special releases under the CEHT label.

Connoisseur

After reading through this thread I decided to bite the bullet and grab the one bottle I've seen in the area. A big fan of BT's standard release. Excited to crack this and see how it compares. I'm struck by how no one has mentioned the similarity in backstory to the Glennfiddich Snow Phoenix. That never was released in the states, but it seems like it was put together by the same marketing team. The culprit with the Snow Phoenix was the snow though, not a tornado. Wish I had grabbed that when it showed up locally after a liquor store owner's annual trip to Scotland. Got to taste that though and it was incredible. Here's to hoping the Tornado is just as good!

Quote Originally Posted by Wryguy View Post
    After reading through this thread I decided to bite the bullet and grab the one bottle I've seen in the area. A big fan of BT's standard release. Excited to crack this and see how it compares. I'm struck by how no one has mentioned the similarity in backstory to the Glennfiddich Snow Phoenix. That never was released in the states, but it seems like it was put together by the same marketing team. The culprit with the Snow Phoenix was the snow though, not a tornado. Wish I had grabbed that when it showed up locally after a liquor store owner's annual trip to Scotland. Got to taste that though and it was incredible. Here's to hoping the Tornado is just as good!
    But Snow Phoenix did get released in the States. I recall seeing six bottles in a California BevMo (which all disappeared soon after). I was able to get only one bottle before they sold out.

Which reminds me, I grabbed a bottle of the Tornado release a while ago. Maybe it's time to crack it open.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Shuboy View Post
    But Snow Phoenix did get released in the States. I recall seeing six bottles in a California BevMo (which all disappeared soon after). I was able to get only one bottle before they sold out.

Which reminds me, I grabbed a bottle of the Tornado release a while ago. Maybe it's time to crack it open.
    After a bit of research it seems I was wrong indeed. Snow Phoenix has been and will be released in the states. Apparently there are 60,000 bottles of the stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wryguy View Post
    After a bit of research it seems I was wrong indeed. Snow Phoenix has been and will be released in the states. Apparently there are 60,000 bottles of the stuff!!
    Those 60,000 bottles are probably all in private hands now. You pretty much can't find a bottle anywhere. I expect the Warehouse C Tornado Bottling is also on its way to the same fate.