Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Courtney & Woods???

Saw this at the local store. I can't find anything about it except I do remember this as a wine label sometime ago. The bottle either said aged 10 or 12 years on the back (can't remember) Does anyone know anything about it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Courtney & Woods???

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Saw this at the local store. I can't find anything about it except I do remember this as a wine label sometime ago. The bottle either said aged 10 or 12 years on the back (can't remember) Does anyone know anything about it?
    We sell it at Kappy's Fine Wine & Spirits at the Peabody location and maybe others. It's 10 years old. We opened a bottle for sampling, and it was pretty good - certainly a good value for the price. Bottle is still open if anyone wants a try

We had some issues with the labels and fill levels on these items, so we went back to the bottler and found out some interesting info: The bourbon is 10 year old KSBW distilled at the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfurt and shipped to California for bottling.

Due the age and the low bottle proof (80), it's pretty smooth, although there's not a ton of complexity. Again, good value at about $20 / 750 ml.

Virtuoso

Who is the bottler for this?

Advanced Taster

The labeling is definitely fishy. The front of the bottle says that it is 10 years old. The back says it was aged at least 36 months. Why would they put that on the label? Every bottle is from batch number 3 and every bottle is bottle number 68!
    It also has the master distillers signature on the bottle, one M. Bedford. Is this even a real person?
    One whiskey for every ghost.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I have more information to add to the mix. Buffalo Trace says it definitely is not their whiskey.

Virtuoso

It's bottled by Levecke which is a California company. They also do the Jesse James bourbon. Though it looks like it used to be bottled by the Phillips group in Minnesota.

http://www.levecke.com/leVeckebrands.php

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
    It's bottled by Levecke which is a California company. They also do the Jesse James bourbon. Though it looks like it used to be bottled by the Phillips group in Minnesota.

http://www.levecke.com/leVeckebrands.php
    If Philips was involved, I'm surprised that it's not artificially flavored. That company, and all its branches (US Distilled Products, Crosby Lake Spirits, etc.) seems dedicated to putting out as many flavored vodkas, schnapps, cordials, "whiskeys" and so as they can, and under as many labels as possible.

Of course that doesn't shed any light on Courtney and Woods. Sorry.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Virtuoso

I've always thought that if you have to put the word "Premium" on the label of your product it mostly likely is far from it.

Virtuoso

I believe this whiskey label is owned by Courtney Cox and Tiger Woods.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz