Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Four Roses 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Single Barrel 17-year-old Bourbon

Ran across a bottle last night and decided I better take advantage while i could. Looking forward to breaking into it. Any comments on this stuff?

Alex

Guru

Re: Four Roses 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Single Barrel 17-year-old Bourbon

All I can say about it is that it is good but I don't remember the exact taste.
    I do however remember that the tasting notes on the side of the bottle by Mr Rutledge are always on the money.
    I only have 2 of these babies left, I wish I could get some more.
    ovh

Guru

Re: Four Roses 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Single Barrel 17-year-old Bourbon

I didn't care for it. I thought it was one dimensional and overly woody. But YMMV!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I didn't care for it. I thought it was one dimensional and overly woody. But YMMV!
    Like I said I don't remember the taste but it must not be a fave because I only have 2 and I have a half dozen or more of the others.
    ovh

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Like I said I don't remember the taste but it must not be a fave because I only have 2 and I have a half dozen or more of the others.
    Are you doing the Michael Jackson on recommending that bottle Oscar? I'm just as big of a FR fan as you but not all the LE bottles that they've produced are must gets IMO.
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    Are you doing the Michael Jackson on recommending that bottle Oscar? I'm just as big of a FR fan as you but not all the LE bottles that they've produced are must gets IMO.
    Michael Jackson recommendation?
    No.
    Tito Jackson maybe.
    As far as "must gets" go, for me they are and I only speak for myself.
    ovh

Guru

Free Marlon!

Anyway, I would say they are all must-gets except for the 100th anni.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

It was not my favorite LE offering, and yes, a bit too woody on the finish, but you've bought it, so now try it. Josh is a better man for having had it and understanding it in the context of his palate. You will be too, once you try it, Alex.

The Voshole

I've only had 1 bottle of this, thought it was very good and would buy another in a heartbeat. Open it up and give us your thoughts Alex. Hopefully you'll like it since it doesn't really matter what any of us think.

Gary
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss

I'll be sure to let everybody know. I did read the Rudledge notes on the side and has me intrigued. Four Roses can certainly offer a different take on bourbon, which makes it fun...