Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: All your Van Winkle questions answered

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    At the risk of, well, who knows ...

What, exactly, is unclear to you? How could it be made more clear? What will remove this stone from your shoe?
    Well, how about the point we brought up about the 23yr Pappy? When exactly did BT start making Wheated Bourbon? And how about the fact that Harlan stated that that the Rye included BT juice, but this isn't addressed in your article?

And Fussychicken is right. They could provide spec sheets, but they don't. You yourself stated in a Hirsch Canadian Rye thread that you don't care for secondary bottlers when they don't provide the source, so why play favorites?

In the article on Hansell's Board you state that it's impossible for Julian to be be sure where all the juice comes from. Why not? Don't they keep records??

Someone in another thread stated a desire that use of the term "Straight Bourbon" should be legally changed to also include the distiller who made it. That's a great idea. Many on this board will say that only the quality of the juice matters. I enjoy finding out who made it. It's fun for me. And when I can't find out, well, that bums me out. Is it too much to ask, even if many of you don't care??
    Last edited by White Dog; 06-11-2012 at 19:22.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Well, how about the point we brought up about the 23yr Pappy? When exactly did BT start making Wheated Bourbon? And how about the fact that Harlan stated that that the Rye included BT juice, but this isn't addressed in your article?

And Fussychicken is right. They could provide spec sheets, but they don't. You yourself stated in a Hirsch Canadian Rye thread that you don't care for secondary bottlers when they don't provide the source, so why play favorites?

Someone in another thread stated a desire that use of the term "Straight Bourbon" should be legally changed to also include the distiller who made it. That's a great idea. Many on this board will say that only the quality of the juice matters. I enjoy finding out who made it. It's fun for me. And when I can't find out, well, that bums me out. Is it too much to ask, even if many of you don't care??
    So, if he said it to Chuck in an interview you don't believe him, but if he put it on a piece of paper that came with the bottle you would believe him? The source of the information would still be Julian Van Winkle and there would still be conflicting statements out there from Harlan Wheatley. Is it the piece of paper that matters?
    -SOB-

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sob0728 View Post
    So, if he said it to Chuck in an interview you don't believe him, but if he put it on a piece of paper that came with the bottle you would believe him? The source of the information would still be Julian Van Winkle and there would still be conflicting statements out there from Harlan Wheatley. Is it the piece of paper that matters?
    Please address the 23yr BT blend question. That's my original point. What do you think of that?? And yes, there are no statements from Sazerac employees that contradict the BTAC spec sheets, are there??

Enthusiast

Please address the 23yr BT blend question. That's my original point. What do you think of that?? And yes, there are no statements from Sazerac employees that contradict the BTAC spec sheets, are there??
    That's my whole point, nothing will ever satisfy the Pappy birthers. Even if BT/VWs released a long-form fact sheet with it.
    -SOB-

Connoisseur

That's my whole point, nothing will ever satisfy the Pappy birthers. Even if BT/VWs released a long-form fact sheet with it.
    I would like something notarized with a special Pappy watermark to prove that it came from them. Then I would want it 3rd party authenticated. After that, I'd probably maybe be 60% sure they are telling the truth.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Trippah and Admin

The BTAC spec sheets are questionable as well. The Saz 18 is known to have been tanked with each bottling coming from the original mingling yet the evaporation loss information rises and falls each year.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Disciple

And that's my whole point. If the Van Winkles/Sazerac corp were truly honest, this would not be an issue. If u don't care about any of this, why are you posting?

Guru

nothing will ever satisfy the Pappy birthers
    Now that's funny (and honest).

Virtuoso

We are talking about a brown liquid here right..... not life and death???
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    We are talking about a brown liquid here right..... not life and death???
    Yep, a brown liquid libation that when news breaks about this beloved bourbon, it catches the interest of many openly proclaimed admirers of the VW line as well as those lurking in the closet.

With this thread not being even 24 hrs old, the replies / views ratio is revealing of the following that the VW mystique brings.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"