Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

What are you cookin on the smoker?

Just picked this Smoke Vault used earlier today, 5 month old, with cover and propane tank for $175. I'm very excited and threw some beef ribs and chicken to smoke, preped last night.

24" is quite big and loving it so far.

Cheers
    Hugh

Virtuoso

Worked wonderfully.

Chicken stopped at 165F and was perfect. So juicy and tender.

Beef ribs, couldn't wait so took half out at 4hr which is early but still great. See picture of smoke ring.

The other half leaving it in for another 1-1.5 hr.

The smoke vault and the wireless thermometer worked great. The thermometer on the vault actually was quite accurate.

Cheers
    Hugh

Enthusiast

Re: What are you cookin on the smoker?

Mmmm, looks tasty!
    Pete

I hate scotch.

Guru

Damn that all looks great! Got some rubbed ribs in the fridge right now for smoking tomorrow. A weekend without rain woohoo!

Enthusiast

I'm feeling brisketed out -- I've done four in the past six weeks. So this weekend I'll be doing my first boneless pork shoulder. (I know, I know -- should've gone bone-in. Costco gave me no choice!) I've got high hopes for it!
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Absolutely crushed a bone-in turkey breast last weekend on the WSM. Tender enough, you could cut it with a dull plastic knife. Going to try a whole turkey in the coming weeks, and if as successful, I'm sending the PITA deep-fryer on an overdue hiatus this Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, the turkey was always great out of the fryer, but set up and clean up was a major chore.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Not to mention dangerous when mixed with alcohol.

Advanced Taster

Today it was baby back ribs and brisket. The ribs were hard to cut because they fell off of the bone so easily. I was really pleased. The slab on the brisket was tender, but the wet brisket was super moist and smokey. I wished that I had some Brimstone to go with this! That was poor planning on my part.

Enthusiast

My boneless pork shoulder proved to be highly forgiving. The grill-level temp in the BGE was around 270 degrees for most of the cook, and it still came out crazy tender and moist. Wish the packaging had been better labelled -- it turns out there were two separate hunks of meat in the package from Costco, which cut the cook time down significantly. Nothing like pulling the Bear Claws out at 4 am to shred up six pounds of meat....
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Disciple

More grilled than smoked but we had friends from Gurnee, IL in over the weekend. They are natives from Mexico. They grilled a traditional Mexican feast and it kicked a...

We had tacos with a cut of meat that I never had. It is called arrechara. Very similar to skirt steak but much more tender. It is grilled with spices and lime. Awesome! You eat it with a tortilla and add pico de gallo with Serrano peppers (much spicier than jalapenos). Probably not best with bourbon but awesome! You add Spanish rice, huge grilled green onions and grilled corn on the cob. You eat and then sleep. Some meals are better without bourbon. I waited until today to drink bourbon.