Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What are you cookin on the smoker?

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    Mike. What type of brisket do you cook?
    Just a choice packer.
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by wmpevans View Post
    After gettin a BBQ education at the Sampler Took the plunge and bought a Weber Smokey Mtn smoker.

Inaugural cook last weekend with 16 lb pork shoulder. Smoked for 18 hours and then wrapped in foil for 3 hours before pulling.

Unbelievably great and moist BBQ.

Only problem was amount of bourbon consumed in process. Made for a ROUGH!!! Monday morning
    Welcome to another obsession Bill . Just got done assembling a new 22 inch WSM to go along with my well worn 18.5. And contrary to my reputation it's beer only during the smoke and bourbon after...you know, patience has its virtues .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Connoisseur

I cooked a couple of racks of St. Louis cut spares this afternoon on my WSM. I got busy doing some other things and really didn't monitor the heat too well and they cooked too quickly. They tasted great (sprayed them with bourbon when I put them in foil so what would you expect)...but they were "fall of the bone" tender rather than competition standard ribs.

Enthusiast

Two racks of baby backs, a salmon filet, and waiting for the shoulder to finish. Two cigars so far. Great Father's day.

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Welcome to another obsession Bill . Just got done assembling a new 22 inch WSM to go along with my well worn 18.5. And contrary to my reputation it's beer only during the smoke and bourbon after...you know, patience has its virtues .
    Way to go Thad!!
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    I cooked a couple of racks of St. Louis cut spares this afternoon on my WSM. I got busy doing some other things and really didn't monitor the heat too well and they cooked too quickly. They tasted great (sprayed them with bourbon when I put them in foil so what would you expect)...but they were "fall of the bone" tender rather than competition standard ribs.
    Tom, most comp. cooks like the food they do in the backyard bett than their turn in meat in most cases.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Enthusiast

results from Sunday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	13692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	13693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	13694

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyhour24x7 View Post
    results from Sunday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	13692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	13693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	13694
    Lookin real good J

Advanced Taster

Since you asked...last Saturday cooked 10 pork butts, a pan of beans and a couple of racks of ribs for the help. Didn't take any pictures

Cooked for a small party Sat nite and a large one next week when I'm scheduled to work and some extra for the freezer. Pulled the pork, vacuum packed and quick cooled in ice bath and put in freezer. It will reheat in an electric roaster and taste like it just came off of the fire.

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltownbbq View Post
    Since you asked...last Saturday cooked 10 pork butts, a pan of beans and a couple of racks of ribs for the help. Didn't take any pictures

Cooked for a small party Sat nite and a large one next week when I'm scheduled to work and some extra for the freezer. Pulled the pork, vacuum packed and quick cooled in ice bath and put in freezer. It will reheat in an electric roaster and taste like it just came off of the fire.
    Do you feel the ice bath is the way to go if you are going to freeze? Do you ice bath right off the smoker? Thanks