Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

Hello from Lexington KY

Hello StraightBourbon and pleasure to meet ya. Longtime bourbon fan from Lexington KY, but only recently (past year or so) that I've began to actually think about and appreciate what it is I'm drinking.

In that time I've amassed a collection of 40+ bottles, and even then haven't began to dig into half of what you guys seem to talk about/appreciate/drink, so I'm a little scared of what you influence on my wallet may be. But I am looking forward to learning from y'all.

Would love to meet any of my fellow Lexington people to share in a drink or three. Cheers, everyone.

Disciple

Re: Hello from Lexington KY

Welcome to SB. You've just about summed it up. This site is great for the taste buds, but can be hard on the wallet.

Virtuoso

Hey man, I'm in Lexington as well. Welcome!

Guru

Thanks guys.

Good to hear from a fellow Lexingtonian, too.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Hello StraightBourbon and pleasure to meet ya. Longtime bourbon fan from Lexington KY, but only recently (past year or so) that I've began to actually think about and appreciate what it is I'm drinking.
    While you are thinking about what you are drinking, you might want to keep some notes, probably quite sketchy at first, about what you perceive, what you like, and what you don't like. Look back in a couple years and you'll be amazed by how your palate has progressed. You may also find, as many of us have, that you don't have to spend a lot of money to drink really fine bourbon. You are lucky to be in Lexington where there is ready access to AAA 10 year old--and every other bourbon. Watch for the sales at Liquor Barn and you can enjoy fanatastic bourbon at prices many of us truly envy.
    Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by jbutler; 06-21-2012 at 08:58. Reason: Closed the quote
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Welcome! I have to agree with Flyfish ... keep scrupulous notes, I keep a spreadsheet on my PC/tablet/phone [gotta love the ability to sync]. Drinking/appreciating bourbon and drinking/appreciating wine are so analogous. They are both never ending journeys to be enjoyed.
    Last edited by bllygthrd; 06-21-2012 at 11:14. Reason: grammar / syntax
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Guru

Thanks guys and believe me, as a bourbon fan I know full well how lucky I am to live where I do. Already even discovered the AAA10, so maybe I'm ahead of the curve.

Been keeping notes in earnest too for the past month or so. Looking forward to looking back on them in a few years.

Anyhow, thanks again and cheers guys.