Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking? - Summer 2012

Quote Originally Posted by MrAtomic View Post
    When I lived somewhere with an actual climate, during warm weather I'd stuff a bottle of 100 proof VOB or white label HH in the freezer. I really like both of these bourbons chilled. Hell, I still do the same thing even though I live in climate-controlled Southern California. This year it's VOB.
    A few years back, our tour guide at FR suggested a slightly more subtle alternative to summertime bourbon on the rocks or in the freezer: Keep your glass in the freezer. It cools the drink just slightly the way a fine red wine is cooled in a cellar, not really at "room temperature." In addition, the frosty condensate on the inside surface of the glass contributes the merest drop of non-chlorinated water to help open up the nose.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    A few years back, our tour guide at FR suggested a slightly more subtle alternative to summertime bourbon on the rocks or in the freezer: Keep your glass in the freezer. It cools the drink just slightly the way a fine red wine is cooled in a cellar, not really at "room temperature." In addition, the frosty condensate on the inside surface of the glass contributes the merest drop of non-chlorinated water to help open up the nose.
    Flyfish,

Thanks very much for the tip. I'm off to put a glass in the freezer and will report back.

Disciple

If the young'uns ever discover the deliciousness of a slow sipped shot from a freezer bottle of 6 year HH bottled in bond, Jager would quickly disappear from their scene.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    If the young'uns ever discover the deliciousness of a slow sipped shot from a freezer bottle of 6 year HH bottled in bond, Jager would quickly disappear from their scene.
    But as long as it takes for supply to catch up with demand, let's hope that doesn't happen

Tonight I'm enjoying some ORVW 10 yr 90 with a little Toasted Almond gelato on the side - cheers!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Virtuoso
    Giving the new Bowman 17yo another try. At 147.5 it is a scorcher that IMO is not near drinkable at CS. Water seems to bring out wood and subdue the sweetness... Possibly some more time but not sure if this will be worth chasing.... Try again in a day or two"...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Taster

Sipping on some WT Russell Reserve 10 in a new Glen Cairn glass. Really great value pour.

Enthusiast

Sitting on the beach around a nice campfire in Northern Michigan. Enjoying a Camacho SLR #4 maduro with a glass of Pappy 15yr.
    Life is good.

Virtuoso

A couple of healthy pours of Bmac's Wheated Wonderland. It's the last the bottle and really hitting the spot. May have to whip up another batch!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Virtuoso

Non chill filtered Elijah Craig 12 (party source bottling). I'll be tasting another private bottling soon and anted something to compare against. Not us ually a huge ec12 fan but this stuff is really really nice. Lots of nice fruit I don't usually get from the regular bottling and not as much earth and wood.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Enthusiast

Working on a bottle of Baker's. I am always impressed with this pour, and surprised it doesn't get more attention than it does. I am a definite Baker's fan.