Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

Field trip! Woo hoo! I think I've got a signed permission slip somewhere around here . . .
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    15 yr.? That's a typo, right?
    Sumpin' like that!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

I am sipping some ETL at the office before I head home for the weekend. Who sprinkled cinnamon spice on my caramel corn?!
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

A healthy pour of the GBS inaugural barrel purchase of EC 15 year. Here's to this being the first of many great ones!!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Local Three is pretty good...I've only been there once though. It has a nice selection, however no where in ATL will have as good a selection as many of us have at home!

H. Harper Station has a good selection according to their online menu, but I've never been there. I don't know how up-to-date the drink menu is either.

http://hharperstation.com/downloads/drinkmenu.pdf

If you ever get up north of the city to Roswell there are a couple of places with a very good bourbon selection in downtown Roswell (on Canton Street). I don't know if you ever get up that way but there are some very good restaurants on that street. By far the best bourbon selection is Little Alley Steak and their whiskey menu even separates wheated bourbon from ryed small batch bourbon from single barrels from cask strength (although they incorrectly label the PHC as a wheated bourbon). They have PVW23 (and PVW20, I think), ORVW, PHC Cognac finish, Ritt BIB, FRSmB, and a number of other bottles. I usually opt for the ETL or FRSmB because it's not as overpriced as some of the others. It's a nice bar, with actual whiskey glasses to drink out of, instead of the standard double old fashioned glass (they use the Riedel Single Malt glass for their whiskey). It's worth checking out if you're up in that area.

http://littlealleysteak.com/menu/whiskey-menu/

The other restaurant in that area with a bourbon bar is Table and Main. They carry the FRSB, FRSmB, a couple of High West selections, a couple BMH selections, etc. Not as many options as Little Alley Steak, but more than the standard JD/MM/KC options.

http://tableandmain.com/bourbon-bar.php

*This probably goes without saying, but obviously both bourbon menus can change according to availability, so if you're looking to try a specific bourbon on this list I'd call first.
    H Harper is worth the trip and in my opinion their prices for their pours (obviously inflated, but I've seen Pappy 15 on some menus in the area for $30+ a pour) are about the most reasonable for the Atlanta area. FYI, I believe they also have a Scout Mob (50% off up to $20, its only good for Sun - Thurs). Food menu is limited, they're more proud of their cocktails, but the food that they do serve is pretty good.

Virtuoso

[QUOTE=DaveOfAtl;298156]A healthy pour of the 2012 4RLESB after a work dinner. You know, it's a shame you can't get this type of pour at a so-called "nice" restaurant

Right! Unless you go to a certain intown restaurant where the saz 18 and HW 21 rye flow like water to SB members....
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Virtuoso

Some EC12 and SB Blend while watching Where the Buffalo Roam. Totally forgot about the WT-drinking doberman! Priceless ...
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

[QUOTE=Restaurant man;298267]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    A healthy pour of the 2012 4RLESB after a work dinner. You know, it's a shame you can't get this type of pour at a so-called "nice" restaurant

Right! Unless you go to a certain intown restaurant where the saz 18 and HW 21 rye flow like water to SB members....
    If only I could go to your place every time, Kevin! Now that I think about it, I am overdue ...

Disciple

Did a side by side comparo of VOB 100 and HH BIB with a friend yesterday after work.HH BIB all the way!!

Connoisseur

I haven't had V17 wheater lately, so I decided to crack a bottle for brunch. So easy drinking, it's a shame its going away.
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...