Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase today? - Summer 2012

Picked up a Vintage 17 for $64.99 I had seen a few weeks back

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Didn't buy but was "gifted" a BTEC 19 yo Giant French Oak Barrel.

My gf had stopped at the store to see if there was anything new. While looking she was approached by another customer looking for help. A Texan looking to stock up on bourbon before heading back home. Well, apparently he bought everything she recommended and then some. She didn't find anything to take home, but on the way out he handed her the BTEC as a thank you. Not sure if there was any Indecent Proposal action or not but either way, free whiskey for me!
    Now THAT is a great story. Free bourbon is always great, but free bourbon from a deep-pocketed Texan, via your bourbon-knowledgable girlfriend has got to taste twice as nice.

Enthusiast

Not today, but last week picked up a bottle (ok, 3 bottles) of the Smooth Ambler Very Old Scout, thinking it was the 14 YO that I had read good reviews on. I was happily surprised to discover that I had grabbed the 19/21YO blend. Great stuff.

Virtuoso

Finally got Larceny in my store so I picked up a bottle for $22.99. Haven't opened it yet, but the best part so far is that the neck-tag is a mail-in rebate worth $10 on a single 750ml bottle ($20 if you buy a handle). Pretty sweet deal!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Finally got Larceny in my store so I picked up a bottle for $22.99. Haven't opened it yet, but the best part so far is that the neck-tag is a mail-in rebate worth $10 on a single 750ml bottle ($20 if you buy a handle). Pretty sweet deal!
    Bought one today myself at $24.99 ($27.80 with tax). Rebate coupon going in the mail tomorrow. I like it but...regained an appreciation for Weller 12 in comparison tasting. Bringing the rest of the bottle, minus about 2 ounces, for the gazebo table.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Connoisseur

a handle of Tom Moore BIB found its way home today. First bourbon I've purchased in a month, doing pretty good on the will power.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Advanced Taster

Apologies if this is a silly question but are the rebates that I keep seeing on here for Larceny attached to the bottle or is it obtained by other means? I've yet to see a bottle in any stores around here but plan on taking one home when I do. Thanks!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jersey12 View Post
    Apologies if this is a silly question but are the rebates that I keep seeing on here for Larceny attached to the bottle or is it obtained by other means? I've yet to see a bottle in any stores around here but plan on taking one home when I do. Thanks!
    There's a hang tag on the neck of the bottle that you fill out and mail in.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by jersey12 View Post
    The rebates may only be in certain states.

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the info on the Larcency rebate.

More on topic, while I was unable to find any Larcency, I finally picked up a bottle of Weller 12 yr. Had to make a special trip out to the BK to get it but I'm quite excited to try it after reading all of the love for it here on SB for the last year. And for under $20, I don't think I'll be disappointed!