Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Hybrid View

Administrator in exile

Roll Call

Who amongst us knows the pleasures of a fine cigar? Have you been to heaven and back with your favorite pour and fine stogie? Be it cuban or dominican and everything in between, a good cigar reminds us that we are alive, and that life's pleasures are our's for the taking. Sound off with your favorite herf!
    Last edited by jeff; 04-04-2012 at 19:04.

Guru

Re: Roll Call

Jeff, I know and love good cigars, but I had to swear off of them about 4-5 years ago.

Tim

Administrator in exile

Tim,

I understand. What was your favorite when you were smoking?

Guru

Hmmm, good question. Its hard to remember, now. I seem to have pretty effectively blocked it all out. About all I can remember, now, is that I didn't like Punch.

Right now, I feel pretty silly.

Tim

Guru

I've got some of Julian's cigar's on the way that you wrote about a while ago. I'm not a cigar smoker (my last was during last years festival and it was one of those fancy Makers Mark ones in the glass tube) but I'm sure it'll be a nice smoke. I plan on trying it with Julian's Rye at his suggestion.

Apprentice

I really love to smoke cigars. Padrón's have always been such a good cigar for the price I usually go with them.

I love to drink bourbon.

I can't do both at the same time. You have heard of the "only smoke when I drink" types... That is the only time I am sure not to smoke a heavy cigar. My stomach can't handle it.

Ugh.

Hey Jeff,
    It's been awhile since, I posted. I have been dealing with an injury to my back. My doctor told me no drinking with the pain medication, so I haven't taken a sip in a while. But I am back! Jeff, I am right now finding, that a light but intense rye goes really well with a cigar. I've been indulging in the Van Winkle 13yr Rye with my cigars. The smokes of choice are cubans and fuller dominicans like AVO Domaine and Signature. Among the cubans the Ramon Allones Specially Selected is good right now. It's a good compromise in flavor between the Partagas Serie D No.4 and Bolivar Royal Corona. The PSD4 are being rolled very loosely right now. It's a bad buy. But lovers of Punch Rare Corojo, should give Bolivar and Monte Cristo a try.

Apprentice

Hey everyone! This is one of my first posts here, I just posted a "Howdy Everybody" welcoming post in the Off-Topic room.

I've been smoking cigars for a bunch of years now and enjoy them immensely! Regularly I smoke Fuentes and Padrons, with more and more Habanos entering the picture. My favorite "everyday" smokes include the Padron 5000 Maduro and the Fuente 858 SG. On the weekends I step it up a notch with the OpusX, Anejos, Padron 1964s + 1926s, Hemingways, and the Habanos! I have just gotten into pipes, so I don't really have any favorites on those yet!

As far as bourbon, I am a "newbie" so I don't know a whole lot about whats good and what isn't. Maker's Mark and Knob Creek will be my frist adventures! (c:

-Brian

Taster

I am an avid cigar smoker (1-2 per day) and I adore tobacco! I have been smoking cigars for the past 10 years; I started when I was 15

Novice

One of my favorite pairings is a Punch Maduro Maduro rothschild with two fingers of Booker's and a couple ice cubes. Add in some good conversation and I can't think of a better way to spend an evening.