Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Advanced Taster

Re: Roll Call

Brian-
    Haven't heard of that company, I'll check them out, always lookin' for sources.

Before the military cut off shipping tobacco in the mail another cigar smoker gave me these 2 sites as well, didn't order from them as I was well stocked at the time.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ in the left under cigars is a link for factory seconds

http://www.neptunecigar.com/ In the header is the link to Bundles

Bob

P.S.
    link to the last cigars I got from JR. THEY WERE SUPERB!!!!!! Out of stock right now but you can open an account and back order and they will ship as soon as they get more in.
    http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...SIGNATURE.html
    Last edited by MissinER101; 11-23-2010 at 19:49.

Taster

Man o man! I'm gonna be in cheapie stoogie heaven!

I love to smoke cigars...

Usually I like to start the day with a mild connecticut shade wrapped cigar like a Camacho Connecticut, Oliva Connecticut, Perdomo Champagne , or maybe a Habanos Corona.

Advanced Taster

Stogie fan here, just checking in. Got lots of favorites, but if I had to live with a few select boxes I would grab:

Padron 5000 Maduro
    Tatuaje Miami
    Rocky Patel The Edge Maduro
    Carlos Toraņo Exodus '50 Years'

I love a rich, complex and earthy smoke. One with some body and bite too. A big fan of maduro wrappers, but also have a spot for a good corojo and a criollo if I can find one. Going to pick up a nice cigar for this weekend to celebrate classes ending for the summer; its been so cold here I haven't been able to enjoy a cigar in far too long.

Virtuoso

Beautiful night in the Old Dominion... Petit Pyrimide Ramon Allones RE Canada. Very nice, touch of harshness due to youth....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Enthusiast

last weekend smoked a cigar that came in my monthly club- A Torano Fortress. I have had other Toranos and enjoyed them, but this one was absolutely fantastic. full flavored, medium body, lots of smoke but a very firm roll that didn't shred in my mouth like so many do- I must be a hard chomper. don't know the price point, but will definitely look for them in the store.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhour24x7 View Post
    last weekend smoked a cigar that came in my monthly club- A Torano Fortress. I have had other Toranos and enjoyed them, but this one was absolutely fantastic. full flavored, medium body, lots of smoke but a very firm roll that didn't shred in my mouth like so many do- I must be a hard chomper. don't know the price point, but will definitely look for them in the store.
    Nice review, I am a Toraņo fan myself, still haven't found one that I haven't enjoyed. Not my all time favorites by any means, but they seem to be a solid producer, with a full array of quality offerings.

Enthusiast

moose, you are exactly where I'm coming from- the Torano line is good, consistant, and affordable, a reliable go-to, but never a favorite. this one has the potential to be a favorite. check it out and let me know what you think.

Advanced Taster

Perfect timing!

Torano Exodus gold label. Usually the Robusto or Toro, but enjoy the Torpedo. Great value, fantastic smoke. Very consistent too; I don't think I've ever had a plugged or bad one.

Of course, all time favorite was a Cohiba Esplendido. One of those and half a beer and I was done for the day!

Other favorites are fairly mundane but quality.. regular Padron etc.

Novice

Checking in... new to bourbon, but not cigars. Been having a glass of single malt with my smokes, but recently have discovered the joys of Bourbon with cigars...very nice indeed.
    Ride safe, and drink responsibly,
    Chuck