Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Apprentice

Re: Roll Call

Checking in!

I usually have a beer or some kind of other nonalcoholic drink with a cigar. Getting more into a rum, whiskey, etc. to pair with. No favorite yet...

I also enjoy all kinds of cigars...but I find Cuban's to be overrated. For the price, you can find way better cigars than smoking something we're not allowed to have, haha. But hey, smoke what ya like.

Virtuoso

I do not believe I have checked in here. Have a great ISOM cigar along with a nice bourbon and a beer is one of my great pleasures. I enjoy it most in my backyard in the company of friends that enjoy the same.

It is about friends and having a great time and the cigars and drinks add to the fun.

Best regards, Tony

Enthusiast

I've posted in this forum for a few months now, but I don't believe I've checked in. Cigars have been a hobby of mine for over 10 years now, and I love pairing them with bourbon. I typically smoke Cuban cigars, but I mix in a non-Cuban here and there. I used to enjoy doing cigar reviews for the Cigar Inspector blog, but then I had a daughter and my time for reviewing went out the window... Maybe I'll get back into it one day. Here is a link to some of my old reviews if anyone is curious

http://www.cigarinspector.com/author-jason

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Willie View Post
    I guess I am the exception, my palate just does not care for alcohol with cigars. Dark-roast coffee with a cigar is more to my taste. Favorite cigar, when I decide to splurge a bit, is a Partagas Spanish Rosado. Otherwise, everyday smokes are something from the JR Ultimate line, Montecristo, or Don Diego.
    Checking in here and I'm with Whiskey Willie. I like a nice black coffee(black silk), but with a little bourbon mixed in to sip with my cigars. I found a nice deal on Gurkha Beauties that I really enjoy with my coffee bourbon. Makes for a good spring Saturday evening. Whiskey Willie it's worth at least a try once to see if you enjoy all three together.

Connoisseur

I used to enjoy a good cigar once in a while, but no longer. I have too many allergies and sinus and asthma problems to do that any more.

I do miss it some times. I loved an Arturo Fuente 858.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Guru

Ah yes, the Fuente 8-5-8 (and other brands 8-5-8s) are just about the perfect size.

Apprentice

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum but not new to cigars or whisk(e)y. I live in Germany so I am around mostly cuban cigars and scotch. I like cubans, but I would take a Nicaraguan cigar over a cuban 9 times out of 10 any day. I enjoy cigars from Don Pepin, Pete Johnson, and Charlie Toraño to name few. Fortunately, over last couple years the selection of American whiskey has increased considerably.

I'm a passionate cigar smoker. I smoke at least 2 a day and more on the weekend. I look forward to talking whiskey and cigars with you guys.
    Sláinte!
    Kurt
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink.They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're gonna feel all day." - Dean Martin

Enthusiast

Wow! Look at all the cigar smokers! Enjoyed them for years. Nicaraguan puro's would be my favourites, as I prefer
    full body/full flavour.

Advanced Taster

Been smoking for about 5 years... I built a nice collection. Wen't a little to deep, then I discovered the Dark side due to forums. After that I sold off almost all my sticks to make dark side purchases the only ones i kept are some opus, anejo, Padron Anny, and Liga Privadas... I would say these days I'm only 10%NC... Sitting on 500+ sticks at the moment...

I would say right now my favorite is the 2004 CoLa

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by BigPenguin View Post
    Checking in!

I usually have a beer or some kind of other nonalcoholic drink with a cigar. Getting more into a rum, whiskey, etc. to pair with. No favorite yet...

I also enjoy all kinds of cigars...but I find Cuban's to be overrated. For the price, you can find way better cigars than smoking something we're not allowed to have, haha. But hey, smoke what ya like.
    I hate to break it to you, But CC are actually cheaper that Nc... Just gotta know the right legit sources.. Way to many fakes out there, I only trust a handful of vendors.