Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Apprentice

Re: Roll Call

I often smoke a bowl of virginia tobacco, such as McCelland 5100 while sipping bourbon. I really like 5100 with Elijah Craig 12 yr.

Novice

This is an old thread but I'm a newbie here

One of my favorite pairings right now is BT and an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro. The cigar has chocolate notes and I get a vanilla note from the BT, they pair up great!

On the other hand I can't think of a pairing I didn't enjoy

Mike

Administrator in exile

Welcome Mike!

I have enjoyed many cigars with Buffalo Trace. I think their style of bourbon lends itself to cigar pairings. If you can, try matching a Macanudo gold label with a generous pour of Stagg or Eagle Rare 17yo

Novice

Jeff,

Stagg is next on my list of Pick-ups. I have not smoked a Mac gold in a while. Guess I'll pick one of those up while I'm at it.

Mike

Novice

New to the board here. I lean towards the Nicaraguan cigars, and I'm a Maduro fan. A CAO Maduro is my favorite with a Cuban Crafter Cabinet Selection a close runnerup. For a powerhouse combination, try a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte and some Knob Creek. Guraanteed to knock your socks off. Just don't try it on an empty stomach.

Guru

I'm happy to admit that in addition to enjoying Bourbon I also like to smoke good cigars. I have a fairly large collection of both and come the weekend, I'm "Livin Large" with my favorite pour and a good stogie.
    Joe

Enthusiast

I too enjoy a good cigar now and then. So far my favorite combinations have been Hampton Bay Macanudo w/ EWSB '95 and a Fuente Hemmingway w/ RR101.

I picked up some short Davidoff perfectos in DC and am chomping at the bit to try one, possibly with either the BMH 11 yr or the Van Winkle Lot B that I also picked up down there.

For the money, I'm finding it hard to beat the Occidental Reserve Maduros. $4 a stick up here, and they smoke like a $9 stick. I also have an AVO limited edition (not sure what they're called - yearly AVO release with no band) that I've been told is superb, and I cannot wait to try that either.

Disciple

after lots of experimentation over that last year and half I have found many wonderful combinations, but the three most sublime may just be these:

a Partgas Series D #4 & (the alas soon to be discontinued ) Russells Reserve.

a Hoyo Epicure #2 (my favorite Stogie) and Weller 19 year

and a simple sweet non pretentious combo of a Sancho Panza Double Maduro and Ancient Ancient Age Ten Year Mmmmmm. . .

TomC

Novice

I smoke cigars much more often than I drink Bourbon. But when I do, Knob Creek and an El Rico Habano, or a La Gloria Cubano. Fuente Sungrown Double Chateau works well with MM. But then I haven't found an unpleasant pairing yet.

If this works, here a pic of some smokes. I've scaled back a bit since I took this. Now they're all in the humi so I could get the coolers out of the house.

Humidor pic.

Apprentice

I really enjoy a Monte white carona and Rare Breed or a ERDM (El Rey Del Mundo) rectanglares and a Rip 12yr B. Really just about any good bourbon is enhanced by a good cigar.

Two ills my wife will never let forget how much I have spent in the last month.

Chuck