Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Glass?

Connoisseur

Re: Favorite Glass?

Quote Originally Posted by wrath186 View Post
    I have a glass that I purhcased on a recent visit to the Wild Turkey distillery. It feels really good in my had. I also purhcased a set of Ravenscorft glasses as well. Nice heft to them.
    I, too, got a couple of the WT rocks glasses. Like them because they taper in enough so you can actually nose your Turkey. With that said, I still start with a Glencairn, the add a drop of water, then go to the rocks glass. Three distinct kinds of pleasure.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Apprentice

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I'm not gonna make another one this one isn't THAT old.

I have a weak spot for those gift packs at the liquor store. I love free stuff, so I always get the ones with the free glasses. I've yet to pick out which one will be my go to. I did get some Crown Royal glasses that look pretty cool and don't feel that cheap.

I'm sure I'll pick out a favorite one of these days.

Advanced Taster

I got some glasses that have Ball embossed on the side. They are threaded, so you can close with a lid if you don't finish your pour. Heavy glass. Hold about a pint.

Enthusiast

I have two favourite glasses currently - the first is an Old Fitzgerald tumbler stemmed glass with the brand etched on the side and the second is an Old Fitz Jigger glass from the 1950s I think, just awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is no secret that I love that elixir of the gods, bourbon.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Here's a picture I posted in a similar thread a while back. My set of four Glencairns are from a local tasting event and the distillery glasses were all picked up at the Sampler event in 2008 on our trip to KY. I prefer the Glencairn for nosing and tastings and the 1972 glass for mixers, but there's something about the feel of the Woodford glass that keeps me going back to it for my everyday pours.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apprentice

I like that Woodford glass.

Disciple

Favorite Glass?

Almost always a Glencairn for me; most of mine I got for cheap at a liquor store where they'd pulled them from the Old Forester Repeal gift sets. The rest have distillery logos and were picked up in the gift shops.

They're reasonably sturdy, I have broken fewer than I deserve. I like the hefty base, makes them stable.

When I want to have a pour in a rocks glass, I have some JBB gift set glasses that I usually grab. High West sells hand blown glasses in the style of their bottles, one of these days I'll pick some of those up. They'll go nicely with my local beer glasses.
    Jim

Virtuoso

I have a pair of Villeroy and Boch Single Grain Tumblers that I completely adore. Excellent all-around glass that works well for bourbon, rye, single malt, and any other whiskey. Feels good in the hand and holds aroma for extended nosing very well.

Guru

Until recently I've always used a lowball or rocks glass like the ones you get with Macallan or Dewar's. Sometimes a brandy snifter will do. Now I have some Glencairn Whisky and Copita glasses for nosing tasting and currently prefer the Copita. It's easier to hold compared to the Whisky glass (it's just an odd shape for me.) I also didn't know that the Glencairn (Whisky) has only been around since 2002 or so.

It's neat to see how preferences change over time. Here's a poll from almost 10 years ago: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...Glassware-Poll

Guru

I use the rocks glasses from the gift packs, we got a bunch.