Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Glass?

Taster

Re: Favorite Glass?

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    This idea is probably spot on.

But I do tend to use the Glencairn glasses more than anything else.

I do as well but I honestly think its because they are such good looking glasses. I've also got several small rocks glasses that my big cubes of ice barely fit in, I like those as well. Some Bourbons like the ECBP just beg for a big rocks glass for me though...
    Matt
    International man of mystery

Frantically searching for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof....

I am looking for Schott Zwiesel Barrel Aged Spirit glasses if anyone has access to any. Thanks.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by geereg View Post
    I am looking for Schott Zwiesel Barrel Aged Spirit glasses if anyone has access to any. Thanks.
    The names different but they look the same.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schott-Zwies...item20d458747b

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MJB View Post
    I do as well but I honestly think its because they are such good looking glasses. I've also got several small rocks glasses that my big cubes of ice barely fit in, I like those as well. Some Bourbons like the ECBP just beg for a big rocks glass for me though...
    The Glencairn Canadian Whiskey Glass has the same basic nosing shape as the regular Glencairn but is big enough to hold a couple cubes. And it won't push your nose out of joint.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Virtuoso

While i did grab a Glencairn based on all the feedback on SB.com, i also snagged a box of Bormioli Rocco Nadia Double Old Fashioned glasses for everyday pours. Just the right amount of weight in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by r60slash5 View Post
    The names different but they look the same.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schott-Zwies...item20d458747b
    that's a lot like my favorites for sipping or tasting; though mine are not fine made like schott, they came free with a lower end cognac. If carry a full glass into the backyard. a glencairne with watch glass covering it works better.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Not my favorites per se, but I've been using the big-bottomed-tapered-to-the-top RR 1792 rocks glasses with much enjoyment, lately. Nice heft, but without being clunky. Sleek, actually. And, extremely versatile. Big enough for a cocktail, but it's tapered shape allows for superb neat sipping.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Not my favorites per se, but I've been using the big-bottomed-tapered-to-the-top RR 1792 rocks glasses with much enjoyment, lately. Nice heft, but without being clunky. Sleek, actually. And, extremely versatile. Big enough for a cocktail, but it's tapered shape allows for superb neat sipping.
    That sounds similar to the glass I bought from the WT giftshop last year. I really like the weight and the narrow tapering around the upper-lip. The glass works great for Manhattens or neat, and I dont have to worry about the wind blowing it over when I sit on my front porch (not like a Glencarin is going to blow over, but you never know...).
    Justin

Advanced Taster

As much as I like nosing bourbon in the glencairn glass, I really dislike the shape and design of it. It's base is made for someone with hands the size of a 6 year old and the opening on the top is maybe the size of a ping pong ball? I swear that one day I am going to knock it over while sitting on the back patio sipping on some Pappy 15. But, I still use it because I am a sucker for a good whiskey nose, but prefer drinking from a curved/tapered rocks glass.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
    That sounds similar to the glass I bought from the WT giftshop last year. I really like the weight and the narrow tapering around the upper-lip. The glass works great for Manhattens or neat, and I dont have to worry about the wind blowing it over when I sit on my front porch (not like a Glencarin is going to blow over, but you never know...).
    I think the WT glasses (whether with the RB or WT graphics) are exactly the same as the 1792 glasses. I start out neat in a Glencairn before moving on to these rocks glasses. I, too, appreciate the heft and the taper that makes them suitable (almost) for nosing. They are definitely great for serious drinking.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.