Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 119

Thread: Favorite Glass?

  1. #51
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    I received some Chef & Sommelier Open Up Spirits Ambient (16cl) glasses on the recommendation of a friend across the pond:



    I'm using this tonight and I think I've found my new favorite spirits glass - weight distribution is spot on, great for nosing, & just perfect for me.
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 10-02-2013 at 01:15.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  2. #52
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    779

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    I received some Chef & Sommelier Open Up Spirits Ambient (16cl) glasses on the recommendation of a friend across the pond:



    I'm using this tonight and I think I've found my new favorite spirits glass - weight distribution is spot on, great for nosing, & just perfect for me.
    Beautiful glass. Looks like a Glencairn with a stem. How much does it hold? (Not that I would ever consider going over six or eight ounces at one time."
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

  3. #53
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    Beautiful glass. Looks like a Glencairn with a stem. How much does it hold? (Not that I would ever consider going over six or eight ounces at one time."

    16cl comes to about 5.4oz. I'll take a side-by-side shot with the C&S and a Glencairn tonight.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  4. #54
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,472

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Sounds very similar to the Copita glass which is 5oz. I have a set of these that I use quite a bit.

    http://www.amazon.com/GLENCAIRN-SCOT.../dp/B0054D876C
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

  5. #55
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Here's the two side-by-side:

    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  6. #56
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,028

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    This is my favorite glass shape:
    http://www.smwhisky.com.au/resources....php?image=695
    Unfortunately these are no longer sold in the USA, but I have found alternatives with the same shape/volume. I like that they are small enough to reach the bottom with your fingers for hand washing/drying.

  7. #57
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    143

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    I like my Glencarin when I am tasting, but I like this bad boy for healthy pours. I picked it up at Crate and Barrel for like $5. This picture brings me back to that refreshing pour on the hot summer day I took this photo. photo.JPG

  8. #58
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    779

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Quote Originally Posted by rndenks View Post
    I like my Glencarin when I am tasting, but I like this bad boy for healthy pours. I picked it up at Crate and Barrel for like $5. This picture brings me back to that refreshing pour on the hot summer day I took this photo. photo.JPG
    It looks a lot like my Canadian Glencairns at half the price. Good score for you!
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

  9. #59
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh.
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Sounds very similar to the Copita glass which is 5oz. I have a set of these that I use quite a bit.

    http://www.amazon.com/GLENCAIRN-SCOT.../dp/B0054D876C
    I'm a big fan of the Copita myself. I have two crystal Copitas that I use regularly.

  10. #60
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE Minn
    Posts
    977

    Re: Favorite Glass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    It looks a lot like my Canadian Glencairns at half the price. Good score for you!
    Probably because they are Canadian Glencairns. Picked up a set of 4 early in the year there also. They do favor heavily in my glass rotation.

    And a great price!

    B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone used the Sam Adams glass?
    By Jono in forum Paraphernalia
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 20:12
  2. Yet another glass
    By bigtoys in forum Paraphernalia
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 04:30
  3. Name that Glass
    By ~JM~ in forum Paraphernalia
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 19:02
  4. What to look for in the glass
    By Creggor in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2001, 13:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top