Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Glass?

Advanced Taster

Re: Favorite Glass?

My go-to glass is a mini brandy snifter I got at a beer tasting.FavGlass.jpg
    It's the perfect size for the smaller pours I usually have during the week, and I can still fit my shnoz in it. I think the receptacle is similar in size (~5.5oz) to the stemmed glass that Old Dusty posted a picture of. Anyone else use one of these?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Kpiz View Post
    My go-to glass is a mini brandy snifter I got at a beer tasting.FavGlass.jpg
    It's the perfect size for the smaller pours I usually have during the week, and I can still fit my shnoz in it. I think the receptacle is similar in size (~5.5oz) to the stemmed glass that Old Dusty posted a picture of. Anyone else use one of these?
    I have one that my mother gave me that looks just like it. I use it quite often.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by onemorepour View Post
    Irvig stemless wine glasses from Ikea are pretty kickass for $3, theyre small (4") with a narrow top and a nice tapered bottom that fits nicely in the hand.
    I second the Irvig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    One whiskey for every ghost.

Disciple

Ok time to fess up. I've for several months now to make Glencarins my go to glass but I just can't do it.

I'm just too old and set in my ways so I'm going back to the rocks glasses. I like the heavy feel, the fact that my big nose fits in it, and if I want to add a round cube of ice it's an easy fit. They are what my father used and his father before him.

When I started collection the Glencarins my wife put a limit on the total number of glasses so I gave away all my rocks glasses.

Just got two of the Waldorf Astoria bar glasses the other day from Amazon and now all is right in my world again.

I'm keeping a couple of the Glencarins for tasting new bottles and when freinds come by but I doubt they will get a lot of use form me.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Ok time to fess up. I've for several months now to make Glencarins my go to glass but I just can't do it.

I'm just too old and set in my ways so I'm going back to the rocks glasses. I like the heavy feel, the fact that my big nose fits in it, and if I want to add a round cube of ice it's an easy fit. They are what my father used and his father before him.

When I started collection the Glencarins my wife put a limit on the total number of glasses so I gave away all my rocks glasses.

Just got two of the Waldorf Astoria bar glasses the other day from Amazon and now all is right in my world again.

I'm keeping a couple of the Glencarins for tasting new bottles and when freinds come by but I doubt they will get a lot of use form me.
    I understand on the glencairins. I have last years 4R's gift set glasses that I use as my everyday glass I like them so much I bought 4 off eBay. $8 was a great deal if you ask me. They have a great heavy feel and are easy to drink from. The glencairins just don't feel right to me. They also just seem to fragile to pull out everyday. I write this as I sit with a Glencairin of VWFRR in front of me. Somethings do deserve the right glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guru

i find myself going to the rocks glasses most often as well. I like a 6-8oz rocks glass with a heavy thick bottom. I bought a set of nice 1940's cut crystal rocks glasses, but dammit if i havent already broken one. HH also gave us some nice rocks glasses of this size when we took one of the upper level tours last year, that have "elijah craig 18 years old" etched into them. snifters just feel weird to me.

Enthusiast

I use a mini brandy snifter on occasion and really like it
    Last edited by onemorepour; 03-07-2014 at 21:45.

Guru

saw this in an antiques shop today......"but I only had one drink", I thought.....20140309_151336.jpg

surely, it was meant to be some kind of bowl, but it is about a quart size and looks just like a huge rocks glass. I considered getting it just for the novelty of using it on games nights

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    saw this in an antiques shop today......"but I only had one drink", I thought.....20140309_151336.jpg

surely, it was meant to be some kind of bowl, but it is about a quart size and looks just like a huge rocks glass. I considered getting it just for the novelty of using it on games nights
    Fail, you passed on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    Fail, you passed on that?

at $48, I did pass