Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

New SF bay area member

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of posts lately and decided I should sign up and say hello. I am a cigar/pipe smoker and a cognac/scotch drinker who just in the last two months has discovered good bourbon. I always thought that Jim Beam white was pretty much all their was in the way of bourbon. I have been proven wrong by some cigar smoking buddies which in turn lead me here and this place really set me straight and for that I am very grateful! I had no idea there were so many fantastic bourbons out there nor did I realize just how nice the flavor profiles go with my pipes.

Some current favorites are FR1B 2012, CEHT Tornado and Blantons original. I have managed to try quite a few bourbons over the last two months and have purchased many bottles to try. My only real frustration is being in such a populated area I can't find any of the BTAC or PVWFR outside of eBay which has insane prices. I swear I am going to take a drive out of state to look for some liquor stores that haven't been picked clean for eBay sales.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance folks I really appreciate all the great information and well thought out posts!

Connoisseur

Re: New SF bay area member

Welcome to the disease! I also enjoy my pipes a few times a week, any favorite pairings?

Tom Moore BIB and any va/per are great in my mind, and I had a sublime Opus X along with EC18 last week.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

I am still working on different pairings but last night I have some FVF in a purdy blob with a few pours of a 4R1B OBSV. That was a great combo! I do love va/per blends with St. James flake being my fav. I'll have to grab a bottle of that and give it a shot! Any further pairing suggestions would be greatly appreciated!