Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Founder's Red Rye P.A. to end this mostly good, some meh, work day.
    I'm right there with you Brother.
    I had to pick up a few items at the grocery store on the way home from work and I included in the haul a turkey focaccia sandwich and a 6-pak of Founders Red Rye PA.
    Ain't nothing like drinking and driving!
    ovh

Advanced Taster

I did not care for the Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, it was super sweet and artificial tasting. Seemed like a Bud Light with Minute Maid powder dumped in it. Just not a beer for me.

Right now I am having an Old Chub from OB. It's a big beer, lots of malt, rich but not too much so. Always been a good beer, especially for $7.99 for a 6pk.

Disciple

SN Torpedo last night. I like this beer a lot, but it didn't really hit the spot last night.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Advanced Taster

Round Guys Berliner Weisse and Green Flash Double Stout at Memphis Taproom in Philly last night.

Round Guys is a local brewery, so I wanted to support them and buy a pour. It annoyed me that the 4% abv beer came in a tulip, but w/e. The beer though was very tart up front, but had no finish it tasted mostly like fizzy lemon water. It didn't have the wheaty finish or flavor the better Berliners have. I know the body is supposed to be superlight, but in this case it was non-existent.

The Green Flash Double Stout was perfectly fine, but pretty boring. I had tried almost everything else on the draft list, or was not interested in them so I figured I'd give this beer a shot. It was fine, not too bitter or sweet, moderate roastiness and full bodied. It just wasn't as assertive as I was expecting.

Neither beers were disappointing, but nothing great either.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Beck's!

It is now brewed in the States and as far as I am concerned, i) follows the original recipe, and ii) is superior to the import due to the freshness factor. It tastes like a good craft beer and lager is a style difficult to get right for microbrewers. Sometimes licensing arrangements (or however they have done it) are salutary.

Gary

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I did not care for the Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, it was super sweet and artificial tasting. Seemed like a Bud Light with Minute Maid powder dumped in it.
    If I may correct you Sir, please don't take offence.
    Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is Wisconsin's finest,...that is if you are into deer camps and pickled hard boiled eggs.
    Anheuser-Busch's Shock Top (Like Coor's Blue Moon) Lemon Shandy is the one the one that "Seemed like a Bud Light with Minute Maid powder dumped in it.
    Your're welcome.
    ovh

Disciple

No one drinks Shandy on it's own in Wisconsin. It's blended with Leine's Berry in a 50/50 mixture. No B.S.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I did not care for the Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, it was super sweet and artificial tasting. Seemed like a Bud Light with Minute Maid powder dumped in it. Just not a beer for me.
    I've been enjoying some nice homemade shandys this summer -- about two and a half parts Anchor Summer Ale to one part Pellegrino Limonata.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    I've been enjoying some nice homemade shandys this summer -- about two and a half parts Anchor Summer Ale to one part Pellegrino Limonata.
    Now you're talking, man. That sounds like a fine shandy for a hot summer day. Think I'll grab the stuff to make my own this weekend.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Last night I finished off the three remaining bottles of Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold hiding in the back of the fridge and then couldn't find anything else to follow with that appealed to me. I hate that when that happens.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet