Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Tyranena and Central Waters are doing some nice stuff these days, though I haven't checked out the ones you mentioned. Their IPA's were quite good and I look forward to sampling more of their brews.
    I'm a huge fan of both. Central Waters does a lot of barrel aging -- both the bourbon barrel stout and bourbon barrel barleywine are great, relatively easy to find upon release (especially the stout) and nicely priced at 12 bucks a four pack (bearing in mind this is high-octane brew). And I believe they've actually expanded their capacity for barreling over the past few months.

If you told me that I could only drink beers from the Lake Michigan states for the rest of my life, I'd actually be okay with that. New Glarus, Tyranena, Central Waters, Goose Island, Half Acre, Pipeworks, Two Brothers, Three Floyds, Founders, Bell's -- all favorites of mine. And I haven't even had anything yet from the likes of Revolution and Jolly Pumpkin!
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Virtuoso

I keep coming back to Founders Dirty Bastard - It's a desert beer that I find myself pouring every evening. Just delicious, YMMV of course.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    I'm a huge fan of both. Central Waters does a lot of barrel aging -- both the bourbon barrel stout and bourbon barrel barleywine are great, relatively easy to find upon release (especially the stout) and nicely priced at 12 bucks a four pack (bearing in mind this is high-octane brew). And I believe they've actually expanded their capacity for barreling over the past few months.

If you told me that I could only drink beers from the Lake Michigan states for the rest of my life, I'd actually be okay with that. New Glarus, Tyranena, Central Waters, Goose Island, Half Acre, Pipeworks, Two Brothers, Three Floyds, Founders, Bell's -- all favorites of mine. And I haven't even had anything yet from the likes of Revolution and Jolly Pumpkin!
    Then head over to Brixie's ASAP because they now have several Revolution beers on tap. I'm with you on the upper Midwest beer thing. Wisconsin and Michigan are kicking ass these days and Indiana and Illinois aren't far behind. These are great beer times!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Then head over to Brixie's ASAP because they now have several Revolution beers on tap. I'm with you on the upper Midwest beer thing. Wisconsin and Michigan are kicking ass these days and Indiana and Illinois aren't far behind. These are great beer times!
    Thanks for the tip! I may have to head there tomorrow night to see my buddy's band play. (Half of my graduating class from high school is going to be in attendance.) And according to beermenus.com, I can punch off FFF Gorch Fock from my untried beers list too. Plus, Founder's Devil Dancer for $9.50 a bottle is a steal, relatively speaking. And two beers from Solemn Oath? Naperville, represent! lol
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    A local establishment with a nice selection has a new one on tap, Duhbe Imperial Black IPA from Uinta Brewing out of Utah. It does not show its 9.2% ABV but there is no doubt about its 109 IBU. An excellent and complex beer showcasing the American Black Ale style of both hoppy and malt roasty. It was served just a bit too cold and of course improved as it warmed up from its initial pour.
    That sounds great. Where did you find it, Thad?
    The Glenview House in where else but Glenview . An original 1878 building and roadhouse that underwent a multi dollars renovation and transformation; from long worn out tavern to gastropub, by new owners also associated with a place in the city proper, Bar on Buena.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Advanced Taster

I picked up a four pack of Founder's Cerise today along with a PHC Golden Anniversary. I haven't decided yet which one I am drinking tonight.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DPPSmoker View Post
    I picked up a four pack of Founder's Cerise today along with a PHC Golden Anniversary. I haven't decided yet which one I am drinking tonight.
    Mix 'em together in an attempt to one-up Red Stag?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Mix 'em together in an attempt to one-up Red Stag?
    Good one. I laughed so hard I almost choked myself.

Connoisseur

The Bruery Tart of Darkness sour. A little unique in that it is a sour stout instead of the normal lambic or flemish oud bruin. Very, very sour, slight roastiness underneath the sour, excellent beer.

Guru

A Founders Devil Dancer, ungodly ibu's.
    ovh