Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 158
  1. #111
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Today I picked up a 6 of Snake Dog India Pale Ale from the fine folks at Flying Dog Ales of Fredrick, MD.
    Good IPA, weighs in at 7.1%ABV & 60IBU.
    It is a worthy brother of MI fine IPA's and better than the ones I have had from CO & CA.
    This leads me to a question.
    Back in the early to mid 1990's there was a micro brewer in Fredrick, MD.
    I took the tour and afterwards got to sample their wheat beer, it was the best I ever had.
    But what ever happened to Fredrick Brewery?
    Did they become Flying Dog?
    This just in from Erin Biles, Public Relations Manager of Flying Dog Ales,...
    .......................................

    Hey Oscar,

    The physical building aside, Flying Dog has no connection to Frederick Brewing Company.

    Cheers!
    Erin
    ---
    Erin Biles
    Public Relations Manager
    ovh

  2. #112
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,857

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Picked up twelve packs of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Spaten Oktoberfest and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, the latter to be consumed over the next few days when temps are supposed to climb back into the nineties. Will be hitting the Oktoberfest beers when temps drop in the evening and I've got one bottle of Aventinus left for the grand finale.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

  3. #113
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Picked up twelve packs of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Spaten Oktoberfest and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, the latter to be consumed over the next few days when temps are supposed to climb back into the nineties. Will be hitting the Oktoberfest beers when temps drop in the evening and I've got one bottle of Aventinus left for the grand finale.
    I always liked Hacker-Pschorr OctoberFest, haven't seen it around the last couple of years.
    ovh

  4. #114
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A pretty great state.
    Posts
    1,788

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    I'm drinking a Hop Notch from Uinta Brewing. It's a fairly recent release and I've been loving it ever since. It's always great to see a new full-strength beer in Utah, particularly an IPA.

  5. #115
    Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois
    Posts
    1,627

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    I'm drinking a Hop Notch from Uinta Brewing. It's a fairly recent release and I've been loving it ever since. It's always great to see a new full-strength beer in Utah, particularly an IPA.
    I was impressed with their Duhbe Imperial Black Ale I had on tap a few weeks ago. Certainly not an everyday sipper but still in balance between hops and roasted malt and in spite of 9.2 % ABV and 109 IBU's. Saw bottles of it here the other day at Binny's too.
    Thad

    BTOTY-2011

  6. #116
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,857

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    I always liked Hacker-Pschorr OctoberFest, haven't seen it around the last couple of years.
    I like that one too. I actually think I saw it yesterday, come to think of it.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

  7. #117
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    I bought a sixer of Sam Adams Octoberfest and it is excellent. I can't believe I've never tried this before. I'll definitely be checking out a few more Oktoberfest releases.

  8. #118
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,857

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    I bought a sixer of Sam Adams Octoberfest and it is excellent. I can't believe I've never tried this before. I'll definitely be checking out a few more Oktoberfest releases.
    I definitely think it's one of the best ones out there and certainly among the better domestic Oktoberfest beers on the market. Cheers!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

  9. #119
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    435

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Finally broke down and had my first three Oktoberfests of the year -- Great Lakes, Capital and Spaten. Really enjoyed the Great Lakes tremendously; the other two were decidedly inferior to my taste buds. I'm really growing to like Great Lakes' offerings.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

  10. #120
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,857

    Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Finally broke down and had my first three Oktoberfests of the year -- Great Lakes, Capital and Spaten. Really enjoyed the Great Lakes tremendously; the other two were decidedly inferior to my taste buds. I'm really growing to like Great Lakes' offerings.
    Spaten Oktoberfest is the standard by which all others are measured and is recognized throughout the world as a classic. I think the American versions are often maltier and therefore possibly fuller of flavor to us Americans but at the same time not quite faithful to the traditional German style. To each his own, I guess.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012
    By jcg9779 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 780
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 07:00
  2. What Beer Are You Drinking? - Spring 2012
    By jcg9779 in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 09:04
  3. What Beer Are You Drinking? - Winter 2011/2012
    By jcg9779 in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 08:16
  4. What Beer are you drinking summer 2011
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 12:27
  5. What beer are you drinking Summer 2010
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 18:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top