Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

Had a Victory Summer Love for the first time - didn't know what to expect, but thought it might be something along the lines of a light summer beer, like Sam Summer Ale. If I didn't know the name of the beer, I'd of thought this was an IPA. Citrusy, but seemed quite hoppy and full-bodied. It confused me, and I went to read online reviews and was surprised to see this called a "blond ale" and reading notes like "light, citrusy, with hoppy aroma" - I'm actually wondering if somehow my six pack was mis-labeled....
    Mark

Connoisseur

Been a homebrew IPA sort of a week, but I changed it up tonight with Founder's Breakfast Stout, mmm.

Guru

Great evening here, sitting out on the deck with a few Franziskaner Hefe Weizens and some tunes watching the sun go down.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

I enjoyed some Oskar Blues stuff tonight:

G'Knight Formerly called Gordon, G’Knight is a dry-hopped hybrid strong ale somewhere between a Double IPA and and Imperial Amber Ale (IAA). Brewed in tribute to the late Gordon Knight, Gordon is brewed with massive amounts of American hops and features about 85 IBUs and 8.7% alcohol by volume.

Old Chub This jaw-dropping Scottish strong ale (8% ABV) is brewed with bodacious amounts of malted barley and specialty grains, and a dash of beechwood-smoked malt. Old Chub features semi-sweet flavors of cocoa and coffee, and a kiss of smoke. A head-turning treat for malt heads and folks who think they don’t dig dark beer.

I've had pretty much everything from Oskar Blues and I've really enjoyed all of them...the Deviant Dale's, G'Knight, and Gubna are the ones that I really enjoy and the Dale's Pale Ale is a GREAT session beer!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Connoisseur

Why didn't Chicago get Ten Fidy? I was there a few weeks ago when many of the bars were doing OB tap takeovers, but no Ten Fidy. No cans at Binnys either.

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    Why didn't Chicago get Ten Fidy? I was there a few weeks ago when many of the bars were doing OB tap takeovers, but no Ten Fidy. No cans at Binnys either.
    From what I understand it should be here next month. I think OB had to increase production to accommodate Chicago as part of their recent expansion.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    I enjoyed some Oskar Blues stuff tonight:

G'Knight Formerly called Gordon, G’Knight is a dry-hopped hybrid strong ale somewhere between a Double IPA and and Imperial Amber Ale (IAA). Brewed in tribute to the late Gordon Knight, Gordon is brewed with massive amounts of American hops and features about 85 IBUs and 8.7% alcohol by volume.

Old Chub This jaw-dropping Scottish strong ale (8% ABV) is brewed with bodacious amounts of malted barley and specialty grains, and a dash of beechwood-smoked malt. Old Chub features semi-sweet flavors of cocoa and coffee, and a kiss of smoke. A head-turning treat for malt heads and folks who think they don’t dig dark beer.

I've had pretty much everything from Oskar Blues and I've really enjoyed all of them...the Deviant Dale's, G'Knight, and Gubna are the ones that I really enjoy and the Dale's Pale Ale is a GREAT session beer!
    So the Oskar Blues is finally here? That Old Chub sounds fantastic!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Drinking a Firestone-Walker DBA tonight. I like this brewery, I drink a lot of Union Jack IPA and I enjoy pretty much everything I've had from them.

Advanced Taster

I am sipping on a Kentucky Boubon Barrel Ale from Alltech and it is simply the best beer I have ever had. By far.

Disciple

Potosi and Founders Breakfast Stout while out grilling some steaks and enjoying this great weather.