Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Spaten Oktoberfest is the standard by which all others are measured and is recognized throughout the world as a classic. I think the American versions are often maltier and therefore possibly fuller of flavor to us Americans but at the same time not quite faithful to the traditional German style. To each his own, I guess.
    I guarantee the Great Lakes and Capital were fresher, which can certainly make a difference as well. Perhaps one day I'll get to taste some fresh, unpasteurized Spaten O-fest at the source. Or at least from a tap at a place like Resi's.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    I guarantee the Great Lakes and Capital were fresher, which can certainly make a difference as well. Perhaps one day I'll get to taste some fresh, unpasteurized Spaten O-fest at the source. Or at least from a tap at a place like Resi's.
    Don't forget Laschet's which is just a few doors down from Resi's.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Don't forget Laschet's which is just a few doors down from Resi's.
    But it lacks Resi's dank charm!
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I was really hoping I could show a little restraint, and hold off popping my first SA Octoberfest until Sept 1. But, you guys killed that dream... SAO is my absolute favorite of the various Oktoberfest releases, and I've been looking forward to it for a couple of months, now. So, I broke down and just finished my first out on the back patio. Dang, that is good beer! Well, I gues it is September 1...somewhere???????...

DUBAI!!!!...........
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Trippah and Admin

I was shocked to discover that I was out of Bitter American, so I headed to the store to fix that issue.

My fave beer, hands down and I'm going to put a heckuva dent this weekend in the 12 that I bought.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    I was shocked to discover that I was out of Bitter American, so I headed to the store to fix that issue.

My fave beer, hands down and I'm going to put a heckuva dent this weekend in the 12 that I bought.
    Just looked them up on-line. The beer sounds good but sadly is unavailable around here. They sure do have a strange distribution network, with chunks of the east and west coasts, a touch of the south, plus Ohio, Minnesota and Alaska!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Just looked them up on-line. The beer sounds good but sadly is unavailable around here. They sure do have a strange distribution network, with chunks of the east and west coasts, a touch of the south, plus Ohio, Minnesota and Alaska!
    The Monkey Beer is available down here. I like it, too. I think I have one more left in the fridge which I 'll probably kill this weekend, if I don't completely drown myself with the SAO.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Guru

Hot as blazes here due to the high humidity levels. All this talk of German beer has me thinkin' I'll go for some Franziskaner Hefe-Weizen. Those babies always quench the thirst!

Great Lakes Octoberfest on tap while out to dinner, tonight. I don't know if it's because it's been a profitable trip, or the beer was fresh, or the burger was good, but the GLO was stunningly delicious. Given the choice tonight, I would prefer it to my beloved SAO. Great Lakes Brewing absolutely rocks.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Guru

Stopped off at Lexington Beerworks on the way home and had a flight of sours. Yum.

IMG_0614.jpg