Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Those Boulevard beers ain't too shabby. I had never even heard of Boulevard until earlier this year but I've enjoyed everything I've had so far.
    They just entered the Chicago market last year IIRC. Very solid offerings all around. I eagerly await their fall offering, Bob's '47 Oktoberfest.

I'm having lunch in Naperville tomorrow at the new Q location, then planning to hit Solemn Oath's tasting room afterwards.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Virtuoso

West Sixth IPA, currently my favorite beer. AND it's locally made:

www.westsixth.com

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

A new brewery in town, Red Hare Brewing has been getting some pretty good pub and a fair amount of exposure. So, I'm trying their "Long Day Lager" Bohemian style pilsner after work. Nice golden beer, that's not in the least bit bitter, very full creamy body, and a good solid drinker. Nothing "off" in it whatsoever. Pretty good for this brewery which is not yet one year old. Based on this positive experience, I'll certainly seek out their other offerings.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    A new brewery in town, Red Hare Brewing has been getting some pretty good pub and a fair amount of exposure. So, I'm trying their "Long Day Lager" Bohemian style pilsner after work. Nice golden beer, that's not in the least bit bitter, very full creamy body, and a good solid drinker. Nothing "off" in it whatsoever. Pretty good for this brewery which is not yet one year old. Based on this positive experience, I'll certainly seek out their other offerings.
    I liked it too, Joe. Picked up a growler of the Long Day a while back and it went fast.

Fremont Brewing Company's Kentucky Dark Star Stout. I scored a case of it after having had it at a local beer club gathering. It's one of the best stouts I've ever had the pleasure of putting to my lips, and I can't wait to see how it is after it has been laid down for a few years.

Can't wait to try the Red Hare offerings when I get to Atlanta in a couple of weeks.

Guru

Back to the Guinness Foreign Extra Stout last night as the temps dipped into the low 60's. Naturally, I had to have some Irish whiskey to go with it--a bird can't fly on just one wing--so I poured a nice tall glass Connemara Peated Single Malt and away I went.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

A Lagunitas Hop Stoopid while listening to the Braves on the radio, tonight. Wonderful. So wonderful, that I may judge all other "Big Hoppy Beers" against it....Of course...I...was listenin' to a Braves 6-0 shutout... Maybe...influenced my opinion....
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Uinta Twisted Smile Imp Pils. Very flavorful, bigger and more flavorful than DFH My Antonia, not as hoppy as the old Sam Adams Hallertauer Imp Pils.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    A Lagunitas Hop Stoopid while listening to the Braves on the radio, tonight. Wonderful. So wonderful, that I may judge all other "Big Hoppy Beers" against it....Of course...I...was listenin' to a Braves 6-0 shutout... Maybe...influenced my opinion....
    I like that one too, Joe. And it's always priced well around here compared to the other Imperial IPA-type bombers on the shelf. And the Braves march on. Always good listening to baseball on the radio. Makes for a nice change of pace from sitting in front of the tube which my young son still can't understand. ("Why listen when you can go inside and watch it?)
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

A couple of Arcadia HopMouth for the ride home.
    Breaking the law, breaking the law!!!
    ovh