I think everyone who's posted on the thread has signaled strong interest in Balcones, or at least enough interest to try your stuff. The issue was dropping $60 on something that was compromised after it left your distillery.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I still want that True Blue bottle and now will have to convince my wife to let me, since I blew my budget last night on my misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by OTwhisky View Post
Jesus, guys. The is CHIP TATE, HEAD DISTILLER AT BALCONES. Please don't beat up on new employees that ALMOST understood what I asked them to post on the internet. This issue is that some distributors don't front their cases well and so a bottle from 2010 will end up on the shelf, rather than more recent bottlings. Why does that matter? Let me clarify:

1) There are no BAD bottles of Balcones out there.
2) What my employee was TRYING to say is that I blind taste each new blend against previous batches to make sure it is better than the last. Again, THERE ARE NO BAD BOTTLES OF BALCONES, but each batch is better than the last.
3) Given these former points, later batches of Brimstone and all of our products may be even more pleasing to your palate than earlier one. As one of the few "craft" distilleries that actually bottles whisky the actually make (and please feel free to contact me if you'd like to know who's who), we hope that our quality improves daily. JUST TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS, I do not mean to suggest that our quality has ever been anything but excellent.

And just for the record, Jim Murray just rated the "bad" brimstone in question very highly (95+) and awarded it a Liquid Gold award in his 2013 Whisky Bible. But since that is not out yet, you'll just have to take my word for that. I stand by every bottle we've ever put out and I hope you enjoy them all. If you don't, I won't apologize for that, but I would encourage to continue to try our products. Most of the worlds' most prestegious tasters including Paul Pacult, Andy Dias Blue and, as previously mentioned, Jim Murray consider our products worldclass. Hopefully, that means enough to some to try our products with an open mind. I will make a point to get people to sign their posts in the future, but do let it go. If you don't want to, email me directly at chiptate@balconesdistilling.com and we can talk it out mono y mono.

THIS IS CHIP TATE, PRESIDENT AND HEAD DISTILLER FOR BALCONES